Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Our Pack Is Grieving

If only my mom and dad were dogs too. I wish I could help them through their pain. I am so lucky I am able to cope and carry on with only a minimal amount of grief.

On Monday January 7 2013 our beloved sister Duchess Sammy left this world to cross over Rainbow Bridge. Mom and dad had given her all the special care and comfort she needed. That afternoon she couldn't take any more and was asking to be allowed to leave. You can read more of that days events by going to Duchess Sammy's blog here - My Life As Duchess Sammy

Molly and I know Duchess is gone now, and that's okay. We know Mom and Dad adopted her in from a situation that was less than desireable, to say the least. They gave her an additional 2 years of the best life ever!
I have heard some people call our den here, A 5 Star Canine Retirement SPA. I'm not exactly sure what that is but it's always said with the conversation surrounding how cushy and happy our den is.

'Somehow I don't think that makes mom and dad feel any better at the moment but I know they are very strong peoples. They support each other as well as us and I know they'll be "okay" in a few days.
Two years ago today is the day, when Duchess first came to live with us. I know my mom secretly hoped Duchess would have been able to make it to this day as a sort of a "full circle" kind of thing... but I have to say, I have a strong feeling there were some forces at play in Duchess heading off to Rainbow Bridge that were stronger than my mom can imagine.

You see, the day Duchess was asking to be let go, the weather was clear and the roads leading to the hours drive to the hospital were dry and safe. Today, on the other hand, we are in a full blown winter snow storm! The roads are trecherous and driving conditions are not safe.

I think our beloved Duchess chose the JUST RIGHT day to ask to run free.

Now she can enjoy a romp in the freshly fallen snow safely and full of renewed strength and health at Rainbow Bridge while mommy and daddy are home safe. What a smart girl my big sister is.

I love you Duchess Sammy. One day we'll run free together again. just not right now. Mommy, daddy and Princess MollyDawg still need me here.
I hope you're making lots of friends and maybe meeting some old ones.
Tail wags and ear licks, till we meet again.
Love your Little brother and sister, King & P.MollyDawg


No comments: