Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Monday, June 18, 2018

What does River do?

Each time River arrives at Royal K9 Korner, she brings in her energy, enthusiasm and excitement!  She bombs in through the gate and heads straight for the cedar hedges. There's always new smells there and she can't wait to check them out!   This visit the sky started off gloomy and misty. It turned to downright awful, heavy rain the next day. Little River and the others were only allowed out for "business".  The rest of the time they spent going between the house and the front porch hoping the rain would stop and I would open the gate soon. If you look closely you can see River actually has her sweet snout wedged tight into the chainlink. Awww, I feel for you River. Soon the rains will stop.
 ((Sigh)) Borrrring! 
"...open, open, open, open..."
  Finally the rain did stop and the sun came out in all its glory.
Some dogs like to play ball when they visit us. River usually likes a good ball game as well. After a rainy day there are just so many new smells around and so much to do. There's almost no time for balls.  She carries a toy or two with her in case she needs it. After all, one never knows when boredom might set in.  It was difficult to capture all River's enthusiasm on film. I did manage to get a little, but it really doesn't capture her speed around the yard. I'll have to try again another time.



You just have to trust me, she did NOT stop for very long. We were outdoors the entire day and she made certain she checked and rechecked every corner of the yard. Every stone had a million new scents. Every hanging branch, every leaf and blade of grass. All the ants scurrying back and forth caught her attention to the fullest.

Determining if there's a way to capture
a singing bird, provides a bit of a rest.
The singing birds with their 'after a rain songs' gave her body a moment of rest.  I could still see her brain was still in full gear.

Who needs store bought toys?!
All day long she played with the outdoor toys like they were all brand new!  Even a used water bottle was an irresistible toy that day. If only we could smell all the things that River can. The world is a never ending supply of wonderment for her. So much to learn and so much to do.

Take your time lady. Im just refueling my brain.
Her little body let's her know when it needs a break.  She took opportunities to grab cat naps while I mixed up ice tea for me. I made sure to move slowly to allow her that much needed nap. 1 yr olds still need those.



A half hour before dinner we came indoors to have some quiet time. This little girl found a mat and plopped until I called dinner! Every buzzing bee and fluttering butterfly would have to wait. Her body had it's fill and needed to fuel up.
Wake me for dinner please. I need more energy!
Later, I decided to change some bedding and guess who wanted desperately to help me? Ya, uh huh. You're right. River the quilt spreader. Do you ever shake open a queen sized quilt/mat and fold it into thirds then in half to make it fit a large dog crate?  I'm certain most dog moms or dads will say, "Oh ya, sure no prob!"  Okay, so picture that quilt being made of very silky material. Now, add the assistance of a little 16 mon old Brittany Spaniel who really wants to play "keep way" with you and the quilt. Well, that was little River! She had grasped a hold of it tightly in her jaws. Both her front paws were wrapped so tightly onto that quilt there was no way to get it away from her. I was laughing so hard I had lost all the strength in my hands. I finally just flopped down with the quilt and River and let her wash kisses all over my face. I'm sure she was saying, "Gee, lady that was fun! Let's do it again!"
Of course I finally did get the quilt placed and my little inspector made sure I had done the task just right.
There better not be any lumps in this bed lady. Or you're doing it all over again! 
She's a very good girl. always happy and learning the yard boundaries beautifully. She asks the others politely if she can play with them. She accepts the response with an attitude of, "that's okay, I'll try again later."   All her frolicking and exploring/investigating was finally complete. By 8 pm she crashed. She found a cozy spot to call her own. Not a peep out of her all night long.


River will be going home later today.  We hope she had fun and we welcome her back any time at all. 
See you soon River.






2 comments:

sobe said...

What a beautiful smart pup she is! Where were the others?

Del said...

Hi Caroline
If you look closely at the first video, at 29 sec. you can briefly see Lady May relaxed in the sun by the shed. They stay out of River's way. She needs room to play. lol
You can see Princess MollyDawg at rest tucked in her crate in the photo where River is taking time to refuel her brain. The Princess only plays when her energy level is at its fullest these days. Not that often any more.