Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Welcome Zorro!

Zorro returned for another half hour visit with us. This time mom only stayed a few minutes. She had a few things to do downtown.  We kept the other dogs indoors to give Zorro free rein to wander the yard in quiet comfort. When it was time for mom to go, he watched quietly with me, from the gated off smaller yard, as mom walked out the main gate.  He never complained and soon wandered around the yard to take in all the scents of the other dogs.  I think he handled being left with a great deal of dignity.
Feeling a little more relaxed about mom leaving
In between short walks around the yard, I took a few minutes to brush his lovely coat. He allowed me to encourage him to sit on a mat and was very compliant. We had a very nice conversation about horses and the farm at home.  He listened intently to my conversation and did his best to answer me with a tilt of his head, a tussle of his fur and a snuggle into my arms and lap.  It was very easy to fall in love with this little boy.
Beginning to trust me more.
We sat together on the mat in the sunshine and talked more as I stroked him and brushed his tail.
By the end of the half hour visit we had accumulated a nice full bucket of excess fur! Good boy Zorro. I bet your tail feels much better now! 
At one point, while we walked about the yard, he surprised me.  He headed down the basement stairs and asked to go in the house. You betcha boy!  That's bravery at best.  I knew the others were safely behind gates and wouldn’t bother Zorro.  He walked in and had a good sniff around before he headed straight up the stairs. He could see Lady May and Princess Mollydawg behind the gates just passed the kitchen. No one made a sound, but each cocked their head and ears and stood watching the other.  I was very proud of the Royals polite behaviour and just as proud of Zorro's courage.  I decided that would be enough of an introduction for today and encouraged Zorro to come back outdoors with me.  Even though I kept the lead on him it just hung on the ground as he stayed right by my side. He's a well-trained boy for sure! Well done mommy!!

Zorro - "I'm so happy you're here mommy! Are we going home now?
I think I hear the horses!"

When mom arrived to pick him up, it was obvious how happy he was BUT he remained calm. A shear delight to watch this boy greet his mom. True love and respect on both parts in the utmost!

Zorro will be back again soon. I sure hope he'll feel comfortable with us again. We'll see if further introductions take place. There's no rush. Besides Zorro is a very busy boy this time of year!

You can check out Zorro's new album on our Facebook page - Zorro's Facebook Album
Maybe mom can see if it's possible to get a photo of Zorro at work! We'll ask.

Thanks for visiting us Zorro.
See you soon!

No comments: