Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Saturday, July 17, 2021

Clouds instead of Smoke

To all our friends and family who live out of town and over seas. Today we are feeling much better as we go forward knowing the Rescue workers and firefighters have done such an amazing job of controlling the surrounding fires and putting us back on safe ground!
Thank you so much to our very good friend Paula for giving us a safe destination if we need to flee. We are still staying aware of current situation and prepared to leave if need be.
However, our sky is clearing and as one of my good friends pointed out, "I can see the blue sky again!" Paws crossed it continues. 

The past few weeks have been almost unbearable! The fear of the wildfires and the constant threat of lightening have put a huge damper on daycare. I have turned away many potential visitors due to trying to limit the amount of stress I feel. I have to acknowledge my limitations. I felt the need to allow only visits by dogs who I know very well. Enough to know that their emergency evacuation plans are solid. Contacts I know I can call in an instant and be 100% guaranteed they will be picked up instantaneously if the need be. Thus, I have asked any new comers or travellers to our town to seek other accommodations or delay their travel until our town and area is safe once more. 

During the last few weeks, my regular visitors have been so wonderful. Thank you so much for understanding my request for no over night visits for awhile. You have given me a better opportunity to rest and recoup for the next scary day. I am so thankful to be able to keep my door open and allow the dogs to bring some normalcy to my days and occupy my mind. They've done a wonderful job! I'm beginning to relax and I'm slowly opening my overnight visitors again.
So yes, we are still staying aware of our current state, and we remain packed and ready to head out if we need to. 

For now, we are doing okay and staying positive!


No comments: