Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Monday, September 25, 2023

The Creation of a Wait List

In August I made the decision to put a cap on intakes for daycare at Royal K9 Korner.
At that time, I only had 4 new dogs requesting daycare along with my other two previous ‘regulars’ who were on my spay/neuter wait list.
I said I would revisit my numbers come September. September is walking out the door. My regular visitors numbers have remained the same, as I knew they would. I will be welcoming a long-awaited M&G for one of our sweeties who was waiting for her spay.
Mid Oct. Miss Lista will be here! A welcome will be posted at that time.

I believe it’s still necessary to keep my numbers where they are. I am well aware that the need for daycare/play-days is ever growing.

Royal K9 Korner's Regulars as of July 2023
Every day I have at least one newcomer asking for, not just info, but daycare.  It’s become necessary for me to create a reply that is easily edited to allow me to respond individually to these folks. I will post that on Facebook so I can link to it even more easily.

My next plan of action is to revisit newcomer intakes when the new fence has been completed and the yard is back to it’s safe standard.
I‘m wondering if I will be able to do a few intakes with the understanding that daycare will only follow if the needed chosen day has visitor(s) previously booked that are ‘easy’ dogs. Base the visits more on my current health condition and the necessary care for daily dogs needs. I'm recovering from a back injury and I must take it slow.
I really don’t like telling people ‘no’ when I know full well, they NEED their dog to be taken care of during the day. They love their sweetie and want him/her to have a more social day. Instead of sitting home alone while they shop out of town or for days on end while mom/dad are at work.

Is there a way I can do that? I don’t know.
I believe the fence and yard should be back to its regular safe standard by November. Yes, I’m pushing the date closer to winter. There’s no sense pretending we can work faster than we can. We can only work in the yard on weekends and my time and strength at this time, does not allow daily yard-work when I am taking care of the dogs.

To sum it up ~
* I’ll continue with a wait list for those who wish to be added to it.
* I’ll begin the M&G process again with an understanding that daycare is conditional, based on availability and current visitors.
* Current regulars take priority.
* Everything changes if Lady May’s health is put in jeopardy. (Current health status to follow)

 Thank you to everyone for their continued support and understanding.

2 comments:

camkid said...

Hi Del,
I know you are doing what's best for yourself and the puppers in your care.
Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

You are being realistic, caring, and professional, Del. A fine balance between your needs and the dogs' needs is a tough thing to achieve. Thanks for acknowledging and respecting your own limitations. You got this! Jean B.