Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Friday, August 16, 2024

Visit Us Again Soon Please

One of our regular visitors is moving out of town. We are so sad to see her leave. Of course she'll be more than welcomed back for a visit again any time at all!
Please join us as we say. "See you again soon" to 5 year old Khione. Just 4 years ago we welcomed this 19 month old, Husky to our extended pack. (July 26th 2020) A beautiful fluffy, white ball of fur.

When we first met, she was a guarded little girl but full of beans. She was clever and sometimes seemed a bit shy. She often asked for her space to get familiar with us and sometimes demanded to be left on her own. We obliged, and it didn't take very long for her to cozy right into our hearts.
She made fast friends with a few visiting dogs and was always eager to see them. Of course there were some who were a better fit with her, but she was a social girl and open to trying a play day with them all.
Her favourite visitors have long since moved away, but I sure remember a few of their play-days.

Her personalty, though truly unique, was so typical of her breed. An independent, humorous and very vocal girl.
When Khione arrived she always had a story to tell me. She would look me right in the eyes and begin her howls and yips and barks and 'rarr rar roooing' until she was content that I had heard her. Oh the stories she told!
Khione had a senior brother at home, so she was familiar with how to be respectful to our two seniors, Princess Molly and Lady May. They were not always interested in accepting newcomers but Khione soon won their approval. 

Lady May - "Send her away Molly."
Molly - "Naw, I think she's okay. She can stay."

Khione's favourite playmates were Miss Hazel, Sir Bentley, Miss Sadie, the Lovely Lupin, little Sage, Countess River and more recently Sir Bailey.
I remember Sage and Khione and their zooms around 'Cora' so well. Any others present were totally ignored, and better clear away. Even highly respected Sir Cash.

Miss Hazel spent many days doing zooms and playing tug with Khione. Oh how I laughed.

Khione often chose a buddy who loved the water as much as she did. Lupin, River and Sage certainly filled that bill.

Lupin - "Maybe we should ask for pool toys?"
Khione - "Naww, let's just swim."
 
Khione - "Hey, Sage? Wanna go out in the pool?"
Sage- "Oh sure, 'cuz I'm winning this game"

River - "Sometime I can catch bees floating in the water."
Khione - "I've seen 'em but I leave them alone."

Toy play over, naptime begins

Naptime was easy for Khione. She was always comfortable enough to find a special place to sleep. Often just where she lay. Other times and more recently she would seek out a dark, quiet, cool place. Preferably under something overhanging. Once I had spotted her, she would sneak away and find another more obscure spot.
One of her favourites was in the basement on the concrete floor of the pantry area. Even if I spotted her there, she never moved from under the table.
Khione - "Hello Lady, I see you found me."

I could sit with her, stroke her fur and speak quietly to her and just be with her. This was always a great time for brushing and chatting.
She simply stretched out a bit more, sighed and gave a quiet little "rarr roo" of approval. I will miss those times Khione.
I will miss brushing your gorgeous fluffy tail and seeing you so happy on a cold snowy day.
I know how much you love the cold Khione. The place you are moving to will have lots of that for you.

Khione has the most beautiful tail I'm sure I have ever seen.

Khione - "If only it could be wintertime all year round."
Sometimes at home time, this little girl would flop her body down on the ground close to her mom's feet and refuse to leave.  She had to be literally dragged along to the gate. She made me laugh arriving as well as leaving. I know of several occasions when she and her mom walked by our yard, Khione did the exact same thing. She flopped herself down on the roadside and refused to go past the house with out coming in. Oh Khione you are such a comic.

I'm not going home so stop calling me.
Be a good girl in your new home sweetheart. Listen to your mom and dad and stay close to their side. Take care of your (big) baby brother. Enjoy your adventures and new discoveries on your walks.

Please send us updates often of your new life and be sure to include photos.

Safe travels to you and your family.
We will sure miss you dear.

No comments: