Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mr. Lane's Class Talks About Animal Rescue and Turtle Gardens

Last Friday my mom had a chance to spend some time having an open discussion with Mr. Lane's gr.4 class.  She was so impressed with how well they listened. They were all extremely quiet and respectful.  They asked some really good questions, gave some very thoughtful ideas, and talked about some concerns they had. They had a chance to read a few blogs and even left a few comments. Mom says these children are part of our future and will be the ones who determine what happens in animal care. I am so happy that they are taking an interest in learning better ways to treat animals. Including the importance of having all their pets spayed or neutered.

During their conversation, they did what's called a "WE  KNOW - WE WONDER - WE LEARNED"

I'd like to put it here so you can see what they came up with. They hope that they will have a chance to work on it more because they said they think there's still lots to learn.  It sounds like they ran out of time but mom hopes they will continue again soon.  In the mean time I want to say thank you to all the children who had a chance to write to me. Ive read all your comments and will reply to you soon. Some of you forgot to leave your name so I don't know who you are. I did get a comment from Sirrus and Katie Raine so Thank you very much to you both :-) That was sweeeeet!

Oh yea and guess what else?!  There are 24 students in this class and every day, everyone of them votes for Turtle Gardens in the PetFinder challenge. NOW Thats AWSOME !!
THANK YOU MR. LANE FOR YOUR SUPER GREAT CLASS!


WE KNOW -
Turtle Gardens helps dogs become healthy, good dogs
We can Vote – to win $$s for dogs so they can be helped in their struggles
TG helps lost dogs find homes
TG began in 1988
Owners are Dave & Yvette Labatte
Located in Topley BC

WE WONDER - I will try to answer these in my next blog for you.

Do TG Dogs go to the United States?
Does U.S. vote for TG?
Does U.S.  send dogs to TG?
Do TG dogs go to different provinces?
Does Lillooet have a rescue society?
How many dogs does TG get in one day?


 WE LEARNED ABOUT  -
Animal Rescue

No Kill
ACO Animal Control Officer sometimes brings some lost dogs
TG Rescues
TG Rehabilitates
TG Rehomes  - Adoption/Fosters

3 comments:

Mr. Lane's Class said...

My name is dayton. Hope you have a really good time :)

Rachelle said...

King I am happy that you have a home. I have her a little bit about you King. And I was sick the day that we went on your blog. I love your blog. How do you like it at your house?

Royal K9 Korner said...

Hello Rachelle and Dayton:
Rachelle - My mom told me you were away and I hope you are feeling better now. It was nice of you to send me a comment. I like to hear when students are reading other things different from books. I’m even happier you chose my blog :-)
Dayton - Yes we really have a good time at our home. My mom and dad believe a dogs life should be FUN all the time. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I will try to get mom to let me use her compter this weekend and I'll write all the answers to your "We Wonders"
I hope your're having fun this weekend.