Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Saturday, November 10, 2012

We Have the Best Daddy in the World!

Every day for the last month or so my mom and dad have taken turns carrying my big sister, Duchess Sammy out of the house and down the porch stairs to the yard. She's way to week and wobbly to do it by herself but she still loves to be outside for some fresh air an a teeny bit of exercise.

The haven't complained but I know my sister is no skinny minnie. It would only be a matter of time before someone tripped or stumbled with the dear ole girl in their arms and down they both went to Duchess Sammy's demise. The weather is turning colder and snow and ice will soon be covering the steps. I've heard mom and dad talking about a safer method of transporting Duchess out of the house for her potty breaks etc. Today my daddy turned the plan into a reality.

I'm so proud of him and what's he's done for Duchess. I know that she still has some good days and can wobble her way alone but this will help her to come back in when she's stayed too long outdoors. Sometimes she gets so involved nibbling on fallen berries that she stays untill her old sore legs give out and she has to lay down. Then she's too tired to walk the short length back to the house.

Dad has almost completed the ramp for her and says he can finish it tomorrow in the daylight again. It's sHe's also building a sort of wagon type trolley for her to be hauled back up the ramp AND into the house. My dad is the SMARTEST DAD IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. I LOVE YOU DAD!

Here's a look at what he was able to get done today. I'll post more pictures as he finishes Duchess' transportation.



4 comments:

Mr. Lane's Class said...

you dogs are so happy have so much fun :D

Sean said...

Hi king how are you this Sean from grade 4. Are you good? We hope turtle gardens win!

Rachelle said...

King I really hope that turtle gardens win!! I bet you are a very happy dog and I like your blog King. I hope that the dogs in turtle gardens will live a very happy life. And that they will get good homes. Have fun!

King Survives2008 said...

Hello Sean: Yes I am a very good dog now. I have learned many things that helped me to find my 'fur'ever family when I was at Turtle Gardens and I will never forget all they have done for me. Thank you for commenting on my blog.