Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Monday, April 29, 2019

Royal K9 Korner is Almost Open For Business


 We have thoroughly enjoyed our down time over the last two weeks.  There's only 2 days left until its back to the dog care. We did so much it's hard to remember it all. We took drives and went for walks. The walks had to be extremely short ones due to The Royals leg conditions, but the smells and sniff arounds were amazingly fun. We stayed over night in Kamloops and shopped till we dropped.  I slept in for as long as the Royal Princess would let me. There was actually some mornings when we didnt have to be up till 6:30! Wow ! Thank you Princess MollyDawg!

The Princess- "Go away mommy it's too early!"
I had time to get the yard and gardens in shape and renew some much needed fencing. We had one emergency dog come during our closure. Miss Mylu, who you may recall is prone to seizures, needed a short day of day care. Fortunately for her mom and dad it fell on a day when we were scheduled to be home and could tend to her needs. She stayed very close to me and even helped while I mowed the lawn for the very first time this year.

Mylu - "Go around me please. I'm not moving."
 I took extra time to  brush and clean the ears and teeth of The Royals. The baths will follow as soon as the weather is a bit warmer.  Yes Princess MollyDawg, you too my dear!

I dug old gardens and replanted a few clumps and bulbs. I'm looking forward to heading over to Desert Hills with a friend, for bedding plants, one day in the near future. I still have a few more beds to dig and replant. I need to organize my patio baskets and add fresh soil and fertilizer.
Lady May watched throughout my chores. She was a very good girl and only decided I was done, after I'd put the shovel away. 
Lady May - "I'm exhausted mommy! If only it would stay weed free."
I shampooed my carpets and dusted the entire house. Wow, I found dog hair in places you could never imagine! I've heard of dust bunnies before, who knew there are also dust puppies!  I still have a few more corners downstairs to get at.
I washed windows and caught up on dog mats and beds laundry.  My "dog shelves" are full again and the outdoors relaxing crates are almost ready for summer. 
A few more mats still being laundered
We had a wonderful time on Easter when our grandchildren came to hunt eggs and enjoy the sunshine. Of course Sir Muffin came along as well. What a good boy he's becoming.

Muffin- "Im egg hunting too!"
 My wonderful daughter and daughter in law made sure everything was taken care of for meals. We had a fabulous veggies, scalloped potatoe and ham dinner with lemon meringue pie for desert. YUM! Thank you Kathi! πŸ’–
Thank you so much for breakfast the next morning GinaπŸ’–
Yummy bacon & eggs and fried potatoes. It was followed by dinner that day of a scrumptious pasta and hamburger meal.
I didn't have to think about cooking all weekend. I love my girls  I enjoyed being with my grandchildren with not a care at all. πŸ‡
Brooke in deep concentration.
Egg painting is pretty serious work!

1 1/2 yr old Lucas finds his very first Easter egg
I laughed and played and had "BatBoy come for a visit! Yes, it was warm enough that we just had to bring out a little tub of bubbly fun.

Thank you Easter Bunnies for hiding the eggs for us!
Wow! Those Easter Bunnies πŸ‡
sure know how to put together a basket!

I feel well rested and I'm ready for May 1st and the next batch of furries who need to run and play safely while their moms and dads have to be away.
We have Mylu and Maverick and Lil Molly already scheduled for May.  I love this time of year when the dogs can play outside and I can continue to work in the yard.
Bring it on! Im up and raring to go!

3 comments:

CarolineA said...

You did a LOT Del! Wow. I bet it is so nice to have everything clean and organized. Loved the pictures of your grandkids at Easter time.
Your Royals are so good at leaving the flower areas alone. Mine would have dug their way to China,lol.

Del said...

Thank you Caroline. Yes it is nice to have a fresh clean start. I giggled at yours digging their way to China. lol Several visitors have tried that here. They soon learn the wrath of the 'mommy leader' here. Dogs are pretty smart when it comes to understanding what areas NOT to enter! Some belong to ME so 'gitcher paws outa dem'!!
Now if I could only persuade them that the driveway entrance gate is also mine and stop the charging and barking at passers by Oh dear! lol

CarolineA said...

Oh dear is right,lol. That will be a hard one to learn as they are protecting momma (alpha lady).