Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Maverick Meets Sadie

Over the weekend, we had a surprise visit from our young 2 yr old Marquis de Maverick. We were happy because the very next morning our new 2.5 yr old visitor, Miss Sadie was scheduled to spend the day with us.  Their meeting went over without a hitch. They seemed to fall in love at first sight.
Sadie, "Hi, Im Sadie. Wanna be my friend?"

We did our usual indoor getting to know each other. Maverick came to me several times asking if it was time to go run in the yard yet. I knew full well, if I let them outside to early, 'The Marquis' would be raring to go and get hooked into zoomies before he had a chance to fully meet the more mellow Miss Sadie. There was plenty of toys and lots of room for floor play. I sat back and let them entertain me with their affectionate play. My goodness these two really hit a soft spot in my heart.

Okay, We're ready now. Can we go outside to play?
I watched and listened to Sadie for when she was ready to head outdoors. She's still getting to know me and it took her a little while to come and ask. By mid morning she was ready to go with her new found friend. We woke up the lazy Royal Ladies and gathered up a few choice toys and out we went.
The weather was cooperative so we were able to stay outdoors for a good length of time. I decided to clean up the burning barrel wood pile. Over the course of the year it's been growing and becoming a wood chew toy pile for the dogs.  I don't mind some of it being used as chew toys, but I'm particular about what's safe to be chewed. It needed to be done and this was the perfect day.
Of course for most of the day I was without a camera so I missed the most precious photos ever. Like when they each shared a stick from the burning pile. They were absolutely so cute. They lay side by side and chewed their own pear branch stick. Every few minutes or so they literally nuzzled the other, and then switched sticks. OMdawG! They made me giggle. They were so much fun to watch, I almost forgot to tend my burning barrel. Good thing our daddy was home to help tend it for me. Thank you Daddy!
Sadie sits and watches while Maverick zooms around the yard
with his favourite little green squeakie ball.

Maverick,"Does my head look okay Sadie?"

These two snuggled and played so nicely all day long together. Whether it was doing zoomies in the yard or sharing toys on the mat. Maverick was a true gentleman. Even when Miss Sadie tired a bit quicker than he, Mav. was content just to zoom around the yard after his chosen toys while she rested. I hope there's many more times for these two to play together. They are an absolute delight to have.
Thanks for visiting Miss Sadie and Maverick!


1 comment:

CarolineA said...

What a wonderful day! I could watch dogs at play or at rest all day long. Especially loved the last video where Maverick is pretending to be all tuckered out. LOL.