Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

. . . and Then It Was May 2020

We're staying healthy and following the safety procedures outlined by the government. We've implemented our own safe procedure to ensure we do not contract nor spread corvid-19 during this pandemic. It's a scary time for our Mother Earth! She seems to be saying, "That's it Humans! I've had enough! Now, get back into your yards and let me regenerate!"
So, we at Royal K9 Korner are listening. We're only accepting dogs in for day care if it's a special circumstance. We think it's our way of doing that little bit to help those moms and dads who have emergencies crop up and have to leave their loved one in care for the day. No one is going away on holidays! All our visitors are cooperating in social distancing and staying safe with in our community. We aren't sure when we'll be able to reopen our gates for Meet 'n Greets. We'll be sure to let everyone know when that time comes.

As for us personally, we're doing our best to take care of a few little things that needed doing around our house and yard. We're keeping busy and helping Mother Earth replenish.
We've purchased a few more cedar planter boxes from our "Cedar Man" in Kamloops Thank you so much Rob Richardson of RAM Contracting! We love your craftsmanship!
We've coated the new planters with boiled Linseed Oil and will line them with poly for added protection. I'll be planting them in the next day or two.
Linseed oil completed. Ready to be placed
I'll need to re-oil last years before planting them as well
I can hardly wait for the flowers!

This year we purchased bedding plants by doing an online order for pick up through Desert Hills Ranch.
We've bought bedding plants there in previous years and have been pretty happy with them.  We packed up the dogs and took a day drive over to Ashcroft to pick them up.
So for the next few days I'll be busy getting them all sorted and distributed into their spots.
I love being able to do this. It's a time for serenity and relaxation of my brain. Though sometimes my body tends to disagree.
Mostly it's just a wonderful feeling of accomplishment and rewards that last the rest of the year.
We wont discuss last years purple ones!Im excited to try the soil they sell this year. It's a first for me.
Thank you for your safe pick up procedure Desert Hills Ranch
Im excited to get these beauties into their boxes
Geraniums and Marigolds variety pack
Misc. variety hanging basket pack
Petunias variety
Yep, that's right Im going to be BUSY!  The Royal Ladies are relaxing while I work.  Lady May loves to follow me around and lay in the sunshine. After a slow stroll around the yard, our Matriarch Princess MollyDawg prefers her indoor crate most days. 
Oh to have a dog's life eh?
Lady May supervises the pansys
The Princess prefers her crate
We're sending everyone as much pawsitive strength and support to carry on and get through this troubling time. Stay safe and continue to social distance even from our loved ones. 
Mother Earth is smiling on us I'm sure! I believe she is seeing,
"We can do it!"

2 comments:

CarolineA said...

Seeing all those beautiful flowers reminds me of my Moose and his funny habit of smelling flowers. Each time we went for a walk, he simply had to smell flowers. He'd put his nose deep in there and take a sniff. It always made me roar with laughter but I too smelled the flowers and still do.

We are ready to inspect our cat enclosure and add some tighter woven wire so Winterbean can not get out. My sweeties do love to go outside but are restricted to their cat enclosure. Safety is foremost at our house too!
It is not quite time to plant here, we have to wait till May 24 weekend. No flowers for us this year, we are concentrating on veggies.

Del said...

I'm always so happy to hear more and see more pictures of your sweet safe kitties Aunty Caroline!
As for smelling the flowers! You bet that's the best way to enjoy a sunny day!
Our Princess still stops to smell the flowers as she walks around the yard.
I can feel the warmth in my heart when she does. Now, if only I had a camera to capture that moment. Perhaps a new goal??
Thank you so much for commenting. I love that you read my posts!!
Stay safe dear friend! <3