Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Friday, January 29, 2021

Miss Sadie's Visit with Khione

A couple of days ago Khione's mom called to see if Khione was able to visit for the day. Suzy Q was the only dog booked that day. I already knew there wouldn't be much playtime for Khione with just Lady May and Suzy. I decided to call Sadie's mom to see if she would let Sadie visit for the day.
Thank you so much Melissa! 4 year old Sadie was an excellent girl and really played well with Khione.
Khione - "Wow I didn't know you came to Royal K9 Korner day care too! COOL! Lets play"

I knew they had already met and enjoyed each other on their day walks. It was a pretty safe bet they'd do well for a day together here. Khione was definitely over the moon to see Miss Sadie. Sure enough they had a great time together and Miss Sadie was a perfect playmate for Khione.

Sadie has a confident and friendly personality, she doesn't get bowled over and can easily handle a bit of rough stuff play. Khione is still learning to listen to the dogs she's playing with and Sadie is a clear and patient communicator. She really made my day go smooth.
They played inside and out, with toys or without toys. They also took rest times together and just chilled in the yard and house all day.
I'm hopeful we can set up a few more play days with other visitors so Khione has a chance to get to know everyone one on one. I'm sure it'll help build her confidence and make her a fun playmate for the others. She is still puppy-like, full of energy and really just wants to play!
Thank you Sadie for giving young Khione a fun day!

Sadie - "No prob, I like the new kid and she's a fun buddy. I hope she visits again soon."

 By the time little Suzy Q arrived, Khione had already spent her excess energy with Sadie. She was more willing to leave Suzy alone. Suzy was very happy about that.

Suzy Q - "I'm staying close to Sadie, just in case though. "

After a good romp in the yard, we headed under the gazebo for some relax time. Sadie found the Trolley cart before Lady May could get to it.Lady May just curled up beside it. Im thinking she was hopeful Sadie would leave and she could sneak in.

Khione not quite ready for rest time.

I think its time for me to get out the warm quilts and make up the outdoor beds. One outside bed is just not enough now. The weather is still unpredictable but the dogs are wanting to be outdoors longer.  With my hard top gazebo cover, its possible even on wet days now.
Sure enough something caught Sadie's attention and she strayed from the warm bed.  Unfortunately, Lady May was fast asleep and missed her opportunity.

Suzy Q - "Thanks for keeping it warm Sadie"

Back indoors, Khione and Sadie played much calmer together. Even Suzy was feeling a bit more relaxed with Khione. Although she seemed to make a point of staying close to Sadie and Lady May for added security.

Sadie contemplating whether its worth disturbing Khione to try the ole toy swap

Suzy decides to allow a little toe sniffing just to stay close to Sadie

 Suzy Q heads back to her old faithful safety buddy.
Lady May is always a sure bet when Sadie goes to sleep.

A rare resting pair.

I just happen to have my camera in my hand when I saw this sight. It's a first for sure. Sadie and Lady May are always very compatible, but I'd never, ever seen them stick this close together for a rest. If only we could read their minds.

"Im sure I heard the clock toll Lunchtime!

As the clock struck lunch time the two visitors knew exactly where to watch their food being dished out. Neither one tried to sneak into my safety area but politely waited just outside the gate.
Wow! Good Dogs or what?!

Sadie-"I saw my mom! How come I'm here?"

Sadie used to try to head for the gate when ever she visited. Now she will certainly try to head home if she sees her mom across the street but is very, very good about complying and heading into the back yard. I can easily distract her now. She rarely stands staring at her house across the road now. I think she seems happy when she's here. I really have to set up my camera to video how she runs full bore into the yard when a visit is scheduled.  There's a soft warm bed and food for her belly. The buddies and the toys hep the comfort level. I'm sure she likes it here enough. She knows mom is coming for her soon. I'm so thankful her mom let her visit us today. I definitely feel like she's helped Khione in a big way. 

Khione may be the "New Kid" but she seems to be fitting in nicely. There are a few more buddies for her to meet. We'll continue going slow so we don't take a big step backwards.
I'm happy she has a friend like Sadie here now.

Sleep time before home time. Khione chooses to lay close to her new buddy Sadie.

Khione decides to move closer to the gate in case mom shows up before she wakes.

We hope to see you both soon girls. You're a wonderful pair.💜🐾💜

FYI
Royal K9 Korner has a few days we'll be closed to visitors.
Please mark them on your calendar for reference.


February 8th - 16th
(prearranged alone time for our new boy - Cash)
February 23rd - 25th

No comments: