Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

March Arrives With a Smile

Spring is on the way!

Even though I know, we'll still have a few more cool days to go through. I can finally see the tops of my tulips pushing through the earth. That's exciting for me! It means it'll soon be time to think about clearing the leaves off my flower beds. I've already thought about which seeds I can start in my little green house. I've placed my annual flower order for my cedar planters and beds.  Before you know it, things will be blooming!

It also means the dogs will be able to run and play and do zoomies in actual GRASS again soon.

Of course, they're always happy with running and playing in soggy earth or snow. They don’t care if there's no grass. They're super good about getting their paws wiped each time they come back in the house. It's me who grumbles with soggy ground not them.

Looking at March's calendar, I can still see 9 days here and there with no dogs booked. I know, that changes quickly, so I won't commit to getting everything done on those days. I'm so fortunate to have such compliant dog visitors. They love helping out in the garden and will be by my side to make sure I do everything exactly right! They'll be giving me encouraging licks and dropping the toys at my feet. So far, we head into March, by welcoming Hazel, Mylu, Khione and our darling Countess River. I've spoken the lil Molly's dad and she'll be coming by for a bath as well. Sadie's mom has told us to expect sweet Sadie for a playday or 2 this month. I'm so happy to see the nicer temps back again.

We had Mylu and Hazel join us last week. I'll add a few photos of their playtime, but I missed the best ever videos of them doing zoomies. I just stood and watched and laughed and laughed. Hazel has the speed, agility, long legs, and energy. 

After zoomies restful playtime evens them out.
When our Baroness Mylu was a puppy, she was hit by a car that resulted in a permanent backend injury. Now her movements are much slower, and she has less agility. That certainly doesn’t hinder her desire and happy nature in chasing after and sneaking around to catch Miss Hazel. My goodness they learn some funny ways to outsmart each other. Hiding in and behind the hedge is a great way to jump out and scare the opponent. Their version of hide and seek is always worth a giggle.

Hazel is such a sweet girl, when she sees Mylu winding down, she makes her play circle her closer and plays with in the smaller area for Mylu. She seems to know full well, she will lose her play buddy and she definitely wants the play to continue. Two loving playful partners. The keep my smiling for sure.

Hazel: "Really Mylu, we should go jump up on the top part. It's way more fun!"
Khione will also be visiting one day when Hazel is here. Im sure there will be a contest between these two high-speed girls. Let's cross our paws for dry weather!

Mylu: "It's okay. I'll just wait for my mom and dad"

Mylu stood watching the strawberry patch for quite awhile. I couldn't help but wonder what was going through her little brain

Please grow!
Soon Mylu SOON!

No comments: