Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Lupin Meets The Marchioness

Lupin arrived back into daycare after a long summer. She hadn't had any opportunities to meet up with many of our extended pack.  That was including lil Molly. 13 year old lil Molly can be quite unpredictable with introductions. With youngsters she usually, makes it known right off that she is at the high end on the leadership scale and will demand to be shown immediate respect. A bit bossy? Yes. A bit reactive? A little bit. Therefore she often spends time on the other side of a protective separating divider during a new comers visit. Sometimes two for added measure because lil Molly knows how to push that gate open and sneak in.
Lupin didn't seem the least bit concerned that the new dog didn't want to fully meet her. She just calmly sat and waited for acceptance.

Lupin - "Why that brown dog dont like me, Lady?

Lady May was not feeling up to snuff this day so I kept her separated from Lupin until our energy abounding little visitor had an opportunity to release most of her zoomies.

D'ya wanna play my new game?  I will sit and wait for you to come
and get the toy back from me. Then I will run away REALLY Fast! Okay?
We played the normal outdoor games from two separate yards. lil Molly in one and Lupin in the other. I played ball and zoomies with both while I went back and forth from yard to yard.  Lady May was showing signs of an intestinal upset so I spent a great deal of time following her to clean up. This is a periodic occurrence for Lady May due to her pain meds so I wasn't to concerned but was monitoring her closely.
Fortunately most of my visitors know the divider gates are my boundaries and dont try to cross them. ( too often) These simple flimsy divider gates work as long as Im in the room with them. Which I always am.

lil Molly - "no, no. I wont jump this little piddly fence. You can leave now. Honest!"
By early afternoon I was able to remove the divider and the two were able to meet calmer.  I still wouldn't leave them in the same room without me but it was a definite success.
Im very certain as time goes alone, they'll both be running and chasing the ball with out any hesitation.
For the next few visits, I'll do my normal proximity allowance based on attitude.

lil Molly - "Who are you saying has Attitude?"
Oh certainly not you dearest Marchioness!

Oh my dawGness! This is what I get for all my good behaviour?

Lupin - "What are you staring at?"

Lupin - "Hey! She's laughing at me!"

See you soon little Lupin. You were such a good tolerant little girl this day. Im so looking forward to future visits with you. Your mom says you can come for a playday with young Dobby. We'll try to set that up soon for you.
For now I better hide all my socks!

And Then This Happened . . . Our Lady May Visits Amberdeen Veterinary Hospital

No comments: