Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Friday, December 31, 2021

Our Last Visitors of 2021

The last visitors of 2021 were our lovely Matron Miss Sadie and little Suzy Q.

Temps dropped low enough to warrant coats and boots in the evenings.
Little Suzy Q is still learning how to make friends and more often than not will find comfort in just staying by Lady May's side.  I'm quite pleased to see her initiating play with a few others.  She hasn't done so with Miss Sadie yet, but she will follow her around now.   It's nice to know she's feeling more comfortable with the big strong girl Sadie.

Sadie helps to clear a path for little Suzy to walk

 Without the wind, the sun brings enough warmth to the day that we can remove coats and boots.

Sadie and Suzy just strolling in the sun
The cedar waxwings and also visiting during the day feasting on the mountain ash berries. I've chosen to remove my seed feeders due to the visiting C-A-Ts. It's too sad for me to clean up their feathers daily.  Getting a good photo with my phone is not easy. Trust me they are waxwings.  They don't even flinch when the dogs are near. They're hungry! They have cleared the top and are working their way down the limbs. Natures winter storage.

Cedar Waxwings puffed up to keep warm from the cold while filling their tummys.

I have extra coats and boots on hand for visitors when the winds pick up and the temps drop. Miss Sadie never batted an eye when I chose a coat and boots for her. Obviously her muscular body was a bit bigger than the coat I had on hand. I'm sure it helped a bit, but it kept popping open. 

Sadie wearing a coat that belonged to Duchess Sammy and boots from Princess MollyDawg.
Sadie is always so happy to run across the road for a visit. She loves to drop over but certainly keeps on eye open if her mom should come back home.
Often times we see her across the road with her mom.  She gives us a very gleeful wiggle and a wag as if to say 'Hello'.  She is a very obedient girl and stays right by her mommy's side.
However, when she knows she's coming for a visit, she is the biggest wiggliest girl you can imagine.  She stands inside her gate with her mom, and I stand inside mine.  Mom and I, look up and down and the road, making sure for a safe time and with a heads nod mom gives the signal.  We both open our gates and Miss Sadie comes BARRELLING across the road into our yard.  She goes straight to do her business and then finds me for her 'hello cookie' while mom heads back home.

Sadie has always been the happiest girl when she visits.  She's always a pleasure to see and she gets on with almost everyone.  She's been known to stand her ground on a few occasions and I applaud her for that.  She is true to her breed, happy, loyal, affectionate, and strong.  She may be a gentle girl, but no one will take advantage of her either.  She knows when another visitor is misbehaving and makes no bones about saying so.  Good girl Sadie!

Sweet innocent faces. Right? Right, okay. Now.
When Sadie visits, she's my shadow girl. No. I mean, REALLY! My shadow girl. If I turn a bit too quickly I may trod on a snow white paw.  I call her my little helper girl. If I'm unloading the dishwasher, Sadie is helping. If I'm putting clothes in the washer/dryer, Sadie is helping. If I'm putting groceries away, Sadie is helping, (and Lady May) He face is always smiling when she's here and in turn she puts a smile on my face as well.

Sadie - "I'm helpin'. Right Lady?
Lady May - "The ice-cream is mine. Paws off."

Bed time for Sadie comes easy. She's the 'owner' of the bedroom crate and Lady May willingly obliges. It's always interesting to see the dynamics between various dogs.  There doesn't always seem to be rhyme nor reason to how, who and why they allow or disallow things between them.  I have learned just to let them show/tell me what, where and who gets what when and go with it. They always show me the respect I require and allow me to keep things running smoothly.

Sound asleep. Tomorrow is just another day.

So ends another year at Royal K9 Korner.

From all our visitors throughout 2021 we say have a wonderful new year.
Stay warm, safe and PAWSITIVE!

"Welcome 2022!"
We're prepared for whatever tags along. Bring it on!

No comments: