Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Friday, January 14, 2022

Welcome 6 year old Kaxwisa

6 year old Kaxwisa (pronounced KahWaySha) joined us for a meet and greet yesterday. She is a very gentle, fun loving mixed breed, golden retriever/red heeler. Her little spotty paws are so pretty, and her love of the snow was evident immediately.
Kaxwisa is a frequent visitor at our local 'dog park' and already has a few friends who will join her here for playdays.
We've slotted her in for a 4 hour complimentary pre visit and I can't wait to spend some time getting to know her.
She was polite and very responsive to me, though if mom was more than a few feet away from her she was watching for her. I took out my camera to get a picture of her pretty face while mom was putting her boots back on. That was like trying to take a photograph of a zooming train.  She's was very trusting and even though she wanted to see her mom she stayed in place while I asked her to.

Where's my mom!

Kaxwisa loves the snow and I'm hopeful she'll have an opportunity to run and romp in it with a friend before its gone. Perhaps her buddy from the park, Khione? Paws crossed!
All snow lovers know there's nothing better than clean melting snow for a back scrub and a good wash.

Snow, glorious snow!

Hey, do you mind I'm having a wash here
We look forward to having you back again girl. Stay safe and warm and we'll see you in a couple of weeks!

Cutest little spotty paws ever!

No comments: