Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Sunday, May 22, 2022

May Long Weekend is Here!


Three weeks into May and we're doing okay. 

We're slowly recovering from the trauma of losing one of our Royals, our beloved Marchioness lil Molly. 

I'll be posting 'her return to us' soon. RIP Sweetheart. 

 

We're happily embracing the return to good health by another.
Yay Miss Sadie. We're so happy you're up and about and raring to go!

Last week Sadie's mom let Sadie come for a day visit while she had some appointments to keep. Sadie had a nice, calm, happy visit with Lady May. They just wandered the yard and rested anywhere they felt the desire to.  At bedtime Lady May gave Miss Sadie her cozy bed. What a good girl Lady May!

Let's just rest for the day okay?

 Being in a different environment than home can be both energizing and relaxing. Sometimes, stimulating the brain helps the healing as well as physical exercise. Sadie stayed overnight with us and the next morning she was able to have a short visit with Miss Khione. I expected to have to keep pretty close tabs on the activity level. However, Miss Khione was a very good girl. She arrived full of excitement and ready to ZOOM! I took hold of her harness and slowly let her indoors to meet Miss Sadie. Her entire demeanor changed as soon as she saw Sadie. How do dogs know that!? It brought happy tears to see how calm and gentle she was to Sadie. What a good girl you are Khione! 

Miss Khione - "I'm glad you feel better Miss Sadie."

The rest of the morning the two sauntered the yard and rested in the sun. We're happy to report Miss Sadie is now out of the woods and back to her morning walks with mom. Thank you for the visit, Miss Sadie. I know you'll be back to visit us soon. 

Relaxing while I prune.

Not only did our visitors have some medical issues that brought a few changes in the daycare schedule. We also had some folks who had unexpected changes in their jobs and plans. It opened up my days and has actually given me an opportunity to start on the gardening that so badly needed doing. The weather is about to get warmer. I hope. I've purchased a few bedding plants and I'm getting my soils ready to fill my planters while the couple of visiting dogs enjoy being outdoors. Daddy has been doing maintenance on 'Cora' and getting his boat ready for the warmer weather. We're keeping very busy.

Lady May is fully enjoying being outdoors and most days it's been hard to get her back inside. Who wants a fluffy mat when you've got a fluffy yard! Oh of course and the Bees are loving it too!

Look at all the hard work the bees have been doing mommy! I'm helpin!

 Sir Cash has a quite a few days booked with us and our little Miss Sage is back for a couple of weeks. What fun!

Lady May and Cash saying hello while little Miss Sage goes into her usual 'meeting position'
I've brought the small pool out of storage and Sage was the first one to jump in.  Countess River was right behind her. There's nothing better than fresh cool water in a pool. Who cares if puppy paws have been soaking in it. 
Our end of May visitors are many and I hope the sun keeps shining.  It feels like it's been along time coming this year.

Sir Cash cant wait for the pool to fill. He's thirsty NOW!

Why is there no one else in the pool? Don't they know it's ready!?
 
Sage - " I see that toy in your mouth. I know you're going to hide it. Im watching"

As I'm puttering in the gardens I've decided to create a special place in one of my beds this year. I'll take a few photos and talk more about it soon. Right now I still have alot of weeding to get through.
Enjoy the sunshine while we can and let's hope for more!

No comments: