Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Monday, May 30, 2022

The Boys Are Back

Sat. May 21 2022

I had to go back in my files and photos to see when/if Sir Cash and Sir Henry had been together. That meant plugging in my older hard drive and going through the archives. I found no instances of the two of them visiting at the same time.
Now . . . either I just didn't get it into the archives or I've missed it or the two of them had never met.
That means I treat them as though they have not been introduced and go through the motions of an introduction day.
Up went the indoor gates. Toys of high value, balls (squeakys especially) were put out of reach and limited to one or two of each. I reintroduced everyone on site to me, the big dog,  one on one with the incoming dog, and slowly went into allowing them in the same space as I see relaxed behaviours. As you can see by the photos, that was so over board.

Sir Cash is an easy going guy. He's confident, strong in social behaviour and communicates very well. He's a no bones kinda guy, very compliant and I was pretty sure there would be no issues with him. 
Young Sir Henry on the other hand is still a growing puppy even though he's almost two yrs old now. He's bouncy and eager and sometimes forgets to 'listen' when others are speaking to him.  Little Miss Sage who is just 2 months older than Henry was visiting last week with Cash and has had previous visits with Sir Henry. Sage sometimes likes to exercise her seniority, and so my eyes were peeled.

Well, who was I kidding?  They were comfortable and united with in the first 10 minutes of meeting. Very good meeting behaviours Sir Henry. I'm impressed!
Good deal, a quick hello to Sage and we can get down to playtime and let the day begin!

Henry says hello to Cash. Cash says hello to Sage

Sage and Cash say hello to Henry
Henry says, "Let's go play!"
So, play they did. Cash mainly just sauntered about keeping an eye on the others. Sage and Henry carried on their game of tug, each hoping to be the victor.
 
 When Sage went back home, Henry turned his attention to Cash. He tried unsuccessfully  many times to engage him in some rough and tumble play. Cash's game of choice is ball.  Or a lovely squeaky which he will walk around carrying with him.   Henry's preferred game is anything that involves exerting excessive amounts of energy and leaves you panting almost uncontrollable. 
Henry - "Look Cash, I found some balls! Lets run and chase them!"
Cash - " You do it, I'll watch."

 Are you sure you doan wanna run and chase? You're missing all the fun!
Cash - "I'm sure"
Sir Henry had a very full weekend of running and jumping and doing 'hound dog' things. He captured ever stuffy and gave them all a really good shake and a chew to make sure he had fully annihilated them. If I knelt down to putter in one of my flower beds, his big head was right there in my face. "Look Lady, I found a toy. Wanna play?" So drop everything I did and throw all the toys around for him to chase some more. I laughed a lot this weekend and really had full days of snuggles and cuddles and deep sighs. Cash is very much a follow you kind of guy and if Henry's big head wasn't pushing at my hips then Cash's was.
We even took a break to go for a drive. I wish I could read their minds when they so happily jump in the truck and off we go. They watch out the windows so intently. Do they recognize the streets and passing buildings? Do they think we're taking them home. I dunno. They sure seem happy enough to drive back in our yard when we get home again.
I think I heard my neighbour's cat!
These boys are two really good reminders of why I love dogcare. Even if the clouds show up and the sun fails to shine. They give all their heart and I can't help but smile.

Sometimes I'm indoors cooking and the gates are closed. I turn around and spy these two buddies just waiting patiently. The doors are open and they could choose to be out with the toys. They don't. They're right here. Ya ya ya I know they think they might get dropped kibbles. Sorry boys, not gonna happen. 

Drat

When it's time to head out they sit while I put on my shoes and if I take too long opening the door I get the laugh of a life. Good ole Sir Henry just cant sit still quite that long?

Okay. We're Ready. Let's Go!

Ahh come mon lady! Yer takin' furevvvvver!

Cash - "I think I'll just sniff around for now."
Henry - "Okay Im outa here."
"Look I found more toys Cash. Which one you want?"
Cash - "None for now Im watching for the girls"
By the time after dinner rolls around Sir Cash is getting ready to crash for the evening and Sir Henry is using up the last little bit of energy he has to conquer a chew toy.
I'd like to move his special blankie to the bedroom in preparation for the night, but he doesn't seem ready just yet.
Henry - "Why doesn't anyone else want to have a chew before bed?"
Before long he crashes like everyone and we call it a night.

Sleep well darling boys. Im so glad you came back for a visit. I promise this time your meeting will go into the archives! See you in the morning.

Sweet Dreams Sir Cash.
The girls are back soon. You'll see.

No comments: