Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Whispering Spruce Campsite

We did nothing! I totally mean it. Nothing! We slept in, we read our books, we went for very short, slow strolls and we played cards. The weather was hot and we stayed indoors to appreciate 'Cora's' AC turned to high. We had full service and enjoyed hot showers and plenty of water for washing up.
The drive was as relaxing as the holiday itself. We took our time and made a few short stops along the way. I almost forgot how beautiful Rogers Pass is. What a gorgeous scenic province we live in.

Rogers Pass early morning
Oh ya, I also forgot about the cool Snow Tunnels. I always loved these!

Just one of several along Hwy 1
https://www.tranbc.ca/2011/11/30/avalanche-safety-shedding-light-on-the-snow-shed/

We reached our campsite just after 6 pm. Signed in and sorted things out at our site.
Ironically it was site # 21. It corresponded to our 21st wedding anniversary.
To steal a famous lady's phrase, "How cool is that?"

We were able to have a campfire in the evening. I'm pretty sure it helped to reduce the mosquitos. We had a few bite us but not uncontrollable. There is no standing water around and I wager that helped too. Daddy and Lady May went on a hunt for firewood, the caretakers sold it in bundles. I know most people are familiar with that. We are not. Normal camping for us is a chainsaw and a search. When daddy told the man he had an axe the man gave him a double amount if he would split it himself. Daddy was happy to oblige.

Lady May has new sockies to protect her feet.
Her muscles are not strong these days and a bit more traction helped.

The smile tells you daddy was happy to do some log splitting

We normally camp in more secluded spots by a creek or fast-moving water. We usually have limited resources and rely on whatever means possible to enjoy Mother Nature at her finest. This trip we were among those who much rather have the additional comforts of modern technology, hot and cold running water, AC and a usable microwave. We loved it.

I sat at my picnic table connected to my laptop enjoying a coffee made with my Keurig and a slice of toast from my small electric toaster. Ahh the finer things of life.

Lady May had many friends available for her to meet if she chose. Almost all the campers here have their fur buddies with them. It makes my heart happy to see so many who truly care for their furry family member as much as we love ours.
One of our neighbours was a couple associated with Best Friends Organization out of Arizona. We had a lovely chat and she fell in love with Lady May and her story. Safe travels Linda. Drop by whenever you're in Lillooet. We'd welcome you.

There’s a large dog park area for throwing balls or romping around. We’ve offered Lady May an opportunity to meet a few friends but she turned away. Maybe another time. She was on holiday from meeting new dogs too.

Very short walking distances are her ability now. She just doesn’t have the muscle capacity anymore. We'll be adding her back wheels to her chair soon. We're not sure they'll help but they were purchased when we ordered her chair, so we have them. We mostly carried her around and she smiled every time. 

"Daddy, come back and get me if there's something interesting okay?"

 Crossing the road for a potty break took all she could handle on her own. Her harness is a life safer these days. The handle allows me to lift her body so she can walk easier.
She still tries to do things on her own most times though. Her mind is sound, its the body that's beginning to fail. We are here sweetie you just relax.

"That's a long way back mommy. Stay here with me okay?"
You betcha darling. Im here.

Laying in the shade or cozying indoors were all she really wanted to do. Im in total agreement.

"Turn on the AC mom Im almost ready for it."

I read my books whenever I felt the urge. Daddy and I slept in most mornings. I napped for as long as I wanted in the afternoon and went to bed early every night. I read two novels, gazed at the scenery every day and 'let daddy skunk me' in crib at night.

What a wonderful anniversary present. Thank you daddy!

Wifi at the picnic table. What a bonus!
Meanwhile back home things were running smoothly.
I heard regularly from Miss Sadie, Countess River and little Suzy Q.Your moms are amazing!
It's screaming hot here, so my mom said I have to wait
in the shade for her to finish the watering

Apparently Countess River couldn't understand why we weren't home and continued to run from door to door looking to find us. Awww It's okay sweetie you can visit us now that we're home.

Thank you so much to Kathi, Melissa and Fiona, who took turns taking care of our yard and gardens. They were all flourishing when we returned. It's obvious how much care you took even in the mid 40°C temps.
THANK YOU!!

In this heat, they would have been toast in one day with out your care. THANK YOU!
When we returned home for the August 1st holiday and were surprised with a visit from our son and grandson. It was so nice to see them!  We loaded up the boat and off to the lake we went.
5 year old Lucas waits with Lady May for his life jacket.

Lucas and his daddy HotDoggin'

The water was calm and perfect for the better part of the day. This was a first time for Lucas. Such an excited little boy! Maybe next time gramma will go.

August is still promising to be hot. We have a few visitors scheduled and I can't wait for daycare to begin again. I've missed my furry pals and I look forward with renewed energy!
First up is Sadie and Cash.
Also Sir Bentley will join us next week. Yahooo. We've sure missed you buddy
See you soon.
It's great to be back!

No comments: