Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Saturday, April 29, 2023

Hello boy, I'm thinking of you

Hello boy.
It’s been 7 years since you crossed Rainbow Bridge. It seems like an eternity ago now. I thought I’d remind you today that you are still lovingly thought about each and every day!  Your presence is still very much here in our yard and garden. I still touch your face when I pass your photos. I smile now, rather than cry. My heart still turns warm, many times a day, because of you. I still love you with all my heart. I miss your big head and warm breath. My ‘minds eye’ places you with your Royal pack. 

The Originals - Squire Seven, Princess Mia, "The" Princess Mollydawg, Duchess Sammy, King

The darling Princess Mollydawg, Duchess Sammy, Squire Seven, Princess Mia and The Marchioness lil Molly. I believe you’re all together with so many others from our extended pack.
I believe you’re watching down over us. 
I feel you in the wind.

King supervises puppy Marchioness lil Molly 2009

Do you remember your story ole man? …
“Somewhere between the years 2000 and 2002 a litter of puppies was born in Bella Coola BC.
We don’t know any of the circumstances or details surrounding that birth.
What we know for sure is that, 6/8 years later in April of 2008 a touring couple found a pack of 4 emaciated stray dogs wandering the forests of Bella Coola.  The pack was being lead by an adult male who seemed to be approx 6/8 yrs old. The couple, Lou & Bonny Baird, cared for and found refuge for this 4 pack in a remote location in the north. A woman named Yvette Labatte opened the already bursting doors of her sanctuary to accommodate them. Your small pack instantly grew 10 fold with the other dogs in rescue, it was immediate automatic socialization.  Before that couple drove off, they sadly said farewell to the pack they had named and “sorrowfully” carried on their travels.  King, Bella, Chinook and Spring had been aptly named for the salmon found in Bella Coola’s Fraser River, the area where the strays were found. 

We almost changed your name to Keeper. It sat well with me because I kept saying over and over to myself. "This dog is a Keeper. Who let this boy get away? He is such a Keeper. Still, somehow ‘King’ seemed to fit better with your regal aura.  In my heart you will always be ‘My Keeper King’.
 I love you boy.
Now before I can no longer hold back the tears, have a wonderful day boy, and chase that Royal Pack around in celebration of all the wonderful memories we made during your reign here on earth.
Remember those days? I do :D


King crossed over Rainbow bridge on April 8th 2016
 https://kingsurvives.blogspot.com/2016/04/april-28-2002-april-8-2016.html

3 Original Royals building their Empire
Squire Seven, Princess Molly & King

King and Molly’s very first playday together.
Day one with King & Molly

A letter to King on his reBirthday
https://kingsurvives.blogspot.com/2011/04/post-from-my-mom-on-my-rebirthday.html

Kind Unselfish People
https://kingsurvives.blogspot.com/2018/04/

April 30th is Here Again
https://kingsurvives.blogspot.com/2020/04/

The original Intake post of "The Heros of rescue"
http://www.katlan.ca/April30.pdf

No comments: