Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Well, That Turned Out Alot Different Than I Thought It Would!

 It was a beautiful day last Monday. We'd just returned from a relaxing over night trip into Kamloops for shopping and a wonderful day away with my loving hubby and best girl, Lady May.
I'd spent the weekend dog free and playing with my grandson in the yard and garden. My son and daughter visited and we had a yard fire and a wonderful weekend celebrating a birthday.
I woke feeling energized and ready to finish off the small corner garden we'd been working on repairing the day before. I was ready for the dogs to arrive back and was excited to show them the new area.

Thank you for helping me sort out this corner garden
Lucas, Logan and daddy! I love it.

It was a great way to start a fresh week. I put the last of my gardening tools away, took a picture of the new area, sent it to show my progress and sat in my armchair to put my feet up and enjoy a few nuts and a half tuna bun. According to the photo I took and sent, that was at 2:30 pm.  Monday afternoon.
By 6:30 am the next morning I was laying in the hospital emergency room with uncontrollable vomiting and diarrhea. What the heck happened??
I dunno but I knew I had 5 dogs scheduled to arrive that morning and I had to send a hasty text message to everyone to find alternate arrangements! That is not good business I know!  My HUGE heartfelt apologies to everyone affected by that. I know that's one reason I require an emergency contact person but I had no idea it would be caused by my own illness. I am so sorry to everyone!
Coco's mom and Sadie's mom, Maya & Lou's mom n dad, and Lupin's mom. Man oh man, thank you for having someone to jump in and take your sweetie(s) Special thank you to those people who where there for them at a moments notice. You Rock.
So what happened? I don't know. I spent a short time in emerg. with the doc who said there was nothing wrong with me. Even though I was becoming seriously dehydrated. So much so, that I was beginning to become confused and disoriented. He said my blood work was exquisite and my urine sample was clear.

The  long and short of it is that the doc suggested I go back home and rest. Drink fluids and small amounts of food. No other treatment was required he said.
Fortunately, I was in the capable hands of my husband and my daughter. They both acted immediately to provide adequate food and beverage intake to rebuild my depleted resources.  Home made soup, apple juice, REST, rest rest.
Within 24  hours I had come full circle with only bit of almost normal vertigo for me.

Don't ask what happened. I do not know still. Some have suggested a spur of the moment 24 hour flu bug just hit!  Maybe but I'm back on track again and bringing in the dogs.
Again a huge thank you to the people who stepped up to help take care of the dogs I had to turn away. Thank you to the parents of those darlings for their understanding of the sudden and unpreventable cancellations.

Lupin surveys the new garden area and wonders where all her pals are?

This week we have a visit from River and Lupin, Ruby and Coco. We have new squeaky toys for you all. Great fun in store for sure. Lupin spent some time helping me sort through the old ones and she even separated all the good squeakers. Thank you little Lupin. We're ready!

Okay lady these ones still squeak!

2 comments:

camkid said...

Del, I'm so sorry about your ER visit and that the doc had no idea what was wrong. Sending a big hug and hope you've rested and are back to your beautiful self. You have a wonderful support system and your pawrents are so understanding and resourceful.

Del said...

You are so right Paula. My support system and the Pawrents are amazing!
Mark telt me doc suggested I visit a neurologist. We'll see what happens.