Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Thursday, April 4, 2024

A Day Trip With Karma Before I Close for 2 Weeks

I had the pleasure of having sweet Karma for an overnight visit yesterday. He's one of the last of my visitors before my time off. That means I'm in the mode to get things organized for leaving.  Karma is one of the very easy going, easy to please and a completely reliable, responsible boy. He will find a spot to lay and stay in relaxed mode for a very long time. When he decides to move, he'll come check me out and find another spot close by me. I leave the doors open when he visits and he can come and go as he pleases. This day started out about the same for us.

Karma heads off to explore the yard as I do some much needed raking.

As I move from yard to yard Karma happily wanders and checks out the scents of dogs from the day before. I can watch what he's up to and then let him out of my sight for a while and know he'll be back by my side soon.  He's quite happy to be the only dog on site.
When he's done his grounds checking he'll find his way back indoors and rest on the porch in the sun.

Karma - "Thank goodness it's not time for a lawn mower yet. I need peace and quiet."
That is usually about the time I'm heading back indoors as well. I have unfinished chores to complete and bedding to organize. Karma always stops by to say hello to me as he's moving from indoors to out. If I miss him as he passes me, I only have to look out the door to see his happy face watching for me.
Karma - "Are you ready to come outside again Lady?"
Me - "Yes, Karma, I'm on my way now."

 This day was a recycling day so we loaded it up and headed up town. It's always nice when I can actually  take a break from my yard and venture out the yard and into the big wide world of 'town'.  I love having a dog companion with me. today was Karma's turn.

Karma waits patiently in the sun while I load up

Karma - "You won't reskycle me will you Lady?"
Me - "No dear, I promise you are non reskycklable"

 As it turns out I was no where near wanting to return home after the reskysklabeling was done. So Karma and I headed off on an unknown adventure.

"Where are we Lady?  Will my mom know how to find me?"
We'll return long before mom does sweetie.

When I let Karma out, he happily scurried in the absolute direction of the dock. His little face was smiling big time the entire time we stayed.

Look at me mommy, I'm going boating. (I think)
Am I Lady?"
Me - "No Karma, we're just walking along."
We headed off towards the park area and Karma seemed to know his way immediately. I'm quite certain Karma and his mom have visited Seton lake many times before.
"Do you 'fink I can go in the water Lady?"
Yes, Karma I 'fink' it's just fine if you want to.

So into the water he went. He took a lovely long drink and let his feet and tummy get good and wet before he came back out.  The sun was not shining this day and the wind was blowing. I was chilly with just my cardie on, so we didn't stay long. 

Me- "I don't think we should stay too long Karma. I'm not warm."
Karma - "You go back to the car. I'm not done yet."
We headed up to the look out and Karma had an opportunity to wander in the green grass and check out all the scents.
We met up with a couple of gals who instantly fell in love with Karma and politely asked if they could take his picture. Karma was in his glory and smiled a very big smile for them. They walked away giggling at his cuteness and I must say I did too. Karma is just that kinda guy.
He's just a cutie!

I'm cute guy, right Lady?
We made it back home just on time to prepare daddy's lunch and ate a good hearty meal ourselves.  The fresh air and different scenery can really boost an appetite. With a full tummy and a mind full of the lake sights, Karma fell fast asleep. I cleaned up after lunch and puttered in the warm house while he rested.
Karma crash!
Later that afternoon I was back outdoors and doing yard work with  renewed energy. Karma was still in relaxed mode and waited for his mom on the heated mat. I just know, he'll have a wonderful adventure story to tell her all about. I wonder if she'll understand him. I'll help him by submitting this post.
It's been an awesome day Buddy Karma. Thank you for joining me.
See you after my break.


I'm 4 days away from taking 2 weeks off from daycare. I have a few more bookings for this week.
Then beginning Monday, Royal K9 Korner will be closed for 2 whole weeks. 
Keep your paws crossed for warm sunshine. Stay Safe everyone.
See you in 2 weeks!
Photo from 2013 archives -
His Majesty King, Princess Mollydawg and Her Royal Highness Lady May,
ready to help with Spring clean up detail. Best Royal Helpers Ever.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!! We do indeed love Seton Lake and look forward to kayaking there when it gets warmer -- I can tell how happy he is that he got to visit in the meantime! What a perfect adventure. Thanks for taking such good care of my baby while I was at work, we are both so lucky to have you here ❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous said...

This is FABULOUS, Del!!! Thank you so much for taking us along on your adventure with our sweet grandpuppy! 🥰🥰🥰

Royal K9 Korner said...

Thank you Alicia & Nicole. It's always a real pleasure to have Karma visiting. He is a delightful character with such a happy disposition.
Nicole, I hope when you go kayaking, Karma can visit us again! :)
See you when I return.<3

Anonymous said...

Amazing adventure! We miss Karma in Oregon but so glad to see he’s living his best life! 🩷 -Savannah

Nicole said...

He's actually quite the little kayaker himself! Well actually, he lets me do all the paddling and just cruises along like the prince he is 😂😂 But definitely many more visits to come! ❤️❤️