Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

King vs Hemangiosarcoma Day 16

It's been 16 days since I collapsed from a burst blood vessel around my heat. Since then I have learned so much about Hemangiosarcoma. I even know how to pronounce it properly. Mom has spent a great deal of time doing research. She has joined a couple of Support groups for more information and has me on a regimented diet. She puree's chicken breasts and soft rice. Lately she is adding in a few softened kibbles. MMmm yummy.
I didnt puke at all last night. That's the first night since this all began. I'm still taking my Prednisone, but only half dosage for the time being. We think it's what caused me to vomit profusely. I also take Omeprazole once a day.
So far it's working... ((touch wood))

My sister, Princess MollyDawg has a follow up appointment with the doc, in two more days, on Thursday for her TPLO. Doc says dad should bring me in too and he'll retest me. Mom says she wants him to give me an injection or something that will help me to boost my strength. She knows I have a limited amount of days left but she is thinking it might give me a bit more strength to endure. We'll see what the doc says.

I want to say thank you to everyone for the well wishes. I feel like so many people have been in my corner since the day my pack and I were found and brought to Yvette. You give my mom so much support and I know right now she REALLY needs that!

At present Im back laying at mommy's feet while she types on her computer. I have a full belly and my good friend Lil Molly is visiting us. I feel comfortable and content. I don't feel like playing with Lil Molly right now but maybe later we'll go out for a walk around the yard. The sun is shining and it's a new day.

Paws crossed I'll write good news for Thursday.
Until then, please hold your furries tight and remember to kiss their nose. We like that!


Here's a video that was taken 3 days after my diagnosis. I'm feeling week but Im on my feet. Princess MollyDawg is pre TPLO surgery and Lady May is staying close to me.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

LOL Del, watch the video again, King did not follow you per se, he got sand in his eyes from a certain MollyDawg who decided to dig near his face, lol

Del said...

Yes I saw that Caroline. Although he does follow me wherever I go. If I go out of his vision he does not stay where he is laying. I have had to remain in one room close by him so he can get some rest. I don't really mind. It gives us time to be together.

Anonymous said...

Hard having to let go of your precious boy... & sending my condolences... You've given him the love & great life he's deserved.