Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Another Very Scary Day Under Our Belt

Yesterday morning I woke up and did not feel very well at all. My head was to heavy to lift off my pillow. I blinked my eyes to say, "Good Morning mommy." Lady May and Princess MollyDawg had to walk over my body to get out the bedroom door. I didn't care. I didn't move. Mom bent down to stroke my head and leaned over to kiss my forehead. I didn't care. I didn't move. I blinked my eyes and shifted my ears in her direction. She asked me if I wanted to go out. I didn't care. I didn't move. I blinked my eyes and shifted my ears in her direction. She put the leads on the girls and started to take them out. I struggled to get to my feet. I had zero strength. I could not lift my weakened body. Mom dropped the girls leads and came directly to me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and hips and shifted my weight so I could stand. She supported me until my legs stopped wobbling. She took off my belly band, (dry again) held me and guided me out the door with the girls. I found the strength to stand long enough for a big pee. I turned and went right back up the ramp and into the house to my small mat beside Mom's computer. I only stopped long enough for mom to put my belly band back on. I know mom always checks her email in the morning and I wanted to be with her today more than ever. I turned away the food but she managed to sneak in my meds on a spoonful of Royal Canin wet dog food. It really tasted good and I let her feed me another tblsp

How could I make her understand me. "Mommy please don't go!"


She tried to walk out the door to go to work. I positioned myself directly in front of her path. I did not point my nose at the door, the way I do when I need out, but I stood lengthwise across the door. She would not get by me. When she came to leave I softly head butted her thigh and tried to push her away from the door. She lovingly guided me back to my bed and kissed me saying she would be home in 4 hours. She needed to get back to work. I gave out a deep sigh and closed my eyes to sleep.

The next thing I knew I heard the front door unlocking and mom was walking back in. "OH MOMMY!" I wagged my tail so hard and even smiled! Mom had red eyes and she knelt beside me and hugged me very very tight. She couldn't make it through the morning with her thoughts of me at home without her. She knew what I was trying to communicate to her and came right back home. I love my mom and my mom loves me!

Mom brought me a yummy smelling, pureed mixture and spoon fed me about 1/4 c. I was finally ready to eat. She did this for me every hour from 9 am until 2 pm. Then we hopped in the car and drove to the docs in Cache Creek.

By the time we reached Doctor Ross I was feeling a bit better. He weighed me and to my surprise I had gained 4 lbs! Mom was over the moon. Then why was I feeling so bad? Doc Ross explained I probably have small tumours throughout my entire body. Hemangiosarcoma is a cancer in the blood. It travels through out the body and new tumours grow in my organs. Maybe I had a small tumour burst the night before. Maybe I was able to clot the blood and absorb the blood into my system.
Mom talked to the doc about the possibility of putting me on a richer food that will give me extra strength yet still be easy on my tummy. Doc Ross suggested we stay on the softened Royal Canin GI kibble and maybe introduce another variety of GI wet food. Its a higher energy protein food. Mom bought a case and promised doc that she'd be careful not to give me too much too soon. I guess that means I'll be getting fed every hour or two again. Hey, I can live with that. We said our good byes and Doc said he'd see me again in another month! Woo Hoo a positive statement if I've ever heard one!

Mom and I headed home and stopped just 10 minutes away for a spoonful of my new food and a picture to show how happy I am to be heading back home.
King enjoys a yummy spoonful of food along the HWY on our way home from Cache Creek Vet
A lovely happy smile after a little outside rest and a small snack

No comments: