Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Don't Cry Mommy & Daddy

I saw you mow the lawn today, I saw you wipe your eyes. You cried again at dinner time, I was watching from above.
I heard you sob when I did not come to rest my head on you. You even cried when the sunrise shone its glorious shade of orange.

You cry each night and throughout the day, I hear you wish the pain away. I hear you whisper "Where are you bud?" every step you take. With each new day the signs are there, I'm deep inside your heart. I'm still sharing every moment with you all day long, mom and dad.
The birds still sing, the wind still blows, the blossoms fill the air. I haven't left your side, you see. I'm with you everywhere.
The plum and pear and peach trees blossom. The fresh columbines are growing. I'm watching you dig and weed and burn to clean the yard each day. When you go to work, when you're home at rest, when you stroke the girls each day.
Yesterday you cried when you saw the rainbow cross the sky. Please find the beauty that you used to see. Start smiling when you see the signs. Im saying, "Hello my friend."
The missing part that you still seek was just a shell you know. I'm still deep within your heart where only you can tell.
Don't look for me in any place that mankind calls his own. I'm still inside your heart where you placed my seed to grow.

You watered it and gave it strength with all the love you gave me.
I grew to be the kind of friend who will never go away.

You trusted me, I trusted you and we exchanged our hearts. Now let that trust speak loud to you. I'm okay now mom and dad.

Start smiling when we think of me, Im still right beside your heels. Remember the day we played "Spot The Dog" and smile the way I did. We tried see if people could tell which dog was not for real. Do I see a smile mommy? Now wipe away those tears.
You can not cry each time you hold the girls left by your side. They need your strength and not your tears. I want you to learn to smile again. Stop crying all day long. I'm running free with all my friends and watching you all day long.
We rest tired and happy each night mommy and daddy and you need to too!


2 comments:

penelope said...

Dear King's Mom and Dad - that double rainbow is a gift and a blessing. The Elders say the rainbow is a doorway to the Spirit World - when you see one, send your prayers through it. Also, it is a sign to let you know that King is alright - one rainbow represents King; the other, Duchess Sammy , and they are together again. My late husband counseled that it is not good to grieve too long because it prevents the departed loved one's spirit from moving on... the spirit will stay behind concerned over those he/she left on earth and won't be able to do his work in heaven. King is in a better place with his sister, both whole and healthy. Remember the love he brought you, and share that love with those left on earth.

Del said...

Thank you so much for your insight Penelope. We are trying very hard to let his spirit move on to his next journey. We believe King was a Pheonix and he rose through the ashes in 2008 to be with us for a reason we may never know. We suppose it is time for him to rise again to be with someone else, somewhere else to continue on. It's just so hard.