Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Labour Day Drive

It turns out we didn't have any visitors this Labour Day! What a perfect day to take a day trip over the mountain and spend a few hours with family at the park.
The Royals were so excited to get in the truck. It's an hour and a half drive, so not really too bad. Daddy drives and I watch for signs of our girls needing a pit stop or an adjustment to their travel accommodations. We certainly had a great trip! Pemberton seems so far when you want to visit with grandchildren. Sheeesh!  The excitement of a truck ride wears off by the time we're heading back home. We can visibly see the change in the girls by the time we're half way home.
Here's a few photos to show how things went.
I hope you enjoy.

Yay! Road Trip! Hey Lady May are you watching the road?
You watch for me okay? I'm just going to sleep.
I hope mom brought our food!
Yes Lady May, mommy brought your food and your sisters meds as well. We don't go anywhere with out those two very important items.

MollyDawg - "I'll watch for you, but you're missing
all the deer that might run across the road."
 When we arrived in Pemberton we had a difficult time finding any shade to park.  I thought we might grab a quick bite at the local Macky D's. I don't get a chance to have a yummy cheeseburger very often. However the line up was so huge!  There were Labour Day weekenders everywhere!!
So instead, we found a little cafe that did take away and we headed for the nearest park.
My grandson, Lucas, and I stayed in the air-conditioned truck to feed the girls while the others went in to order our lunch. Then off we went to the park for our picnic.

Hey!? Whose driving this rig?

Yay! We made it! I wonder if there's any squirrels?
I think they saw us comin'. BUT!  I can smell 'em!


This is a pretty big field! I hope we don't get lost!!

I think I'll stay close to the food table


Okay but you're missing all the good smells!

There's so much to investigate! 
Did you get any cookies over there yet?
 Before we knew it the day was getting late and we had to head back home.  We snuggled and hugged and kissed our grandchildren. Then packed up and headed back on the road. There were so many cars and people touring, bicycling, hikers. Campers, vans, motor homes! Wow, it was so busy! It was difficult to get any pictures without people. I really wanted to get a photo of the lake is was so pretty. Calm and clear and so crystal blue.  We were tired and really just wanted to get back home to rest. So we didn't stop. I just clicked a few shots along the way.
Duffy Lake was like a sheet of glass.

Lady May never moved a muscle the entire ride back

Im not popped mommy. I'm still watching for deer.
Along the way I watched "The Princess' " expression change. It was easy to see, she was finding herself kinda tired as well.



Seton canal. Our first site of home.
5 more minutes, just around the corner
 By the time we arrived home, the girls were absolutely tuckered out. It's a long drive for these two. Riding in a truck pays its toll on them for sure.  We have another hour away trip planned for tomorrow. We'll be heading off to the V- E- T's
I didn't even get to see any deer.
Maybe I'll dream of some!
I'll stay home tomorrow okay mommy?  There's never any squirrels at the doctors.
Sorry Lady May, Dr. Quinn is going to put you through some strength tests.
Make sure you sleep well tonight sweetie.


1 comment:

CarolineA said...

As I was flying over on Westjet, I waved and waved. Did not see squirrels though but was able to see below as there were only a few puffy clouds. Royals, I'm tired today too. Good luck at the V.E.T.S today, smart to spell that one, lol