Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Ruby's Week

During Ruby’s week-long visit, she had a few doggy buddies to keep her happy and entertained. When one went home, she played contentedly alone or with me or she just rested.  Like so many of our visitors, Ruby is developing wonderful self discipline, has very good manners and is a pleasure to have around.
There was just the right amount of time to unwind between visitor for Ruby. First to stop by, was 7-month-old energetic ‘never let you stop’ puppy, Bailey. He's  proving to be one of Ruby’s favourite playmates. He’s just the right size, built rugged and he doesn’t tire easily. 

I had planned to get my raking done while the two played happily. However, I spent too much time laughing and watching them play. The raking had to wait. Bailey came back for a second visit later in the week and their play started all over again. So much energy, so much fun.

In between Bailey’s visits, came Matron Sadie. Her day was more of an ’in need of respite’ day and sweet Ruby was agreeable to that. Although she tried a few times to tempt Sadie into play. It was a polite invitation that Sadie decided to turn down. At home, Sadie tends to her puppy sister, Peaches. She was ready for a break and quite happy to just saunter the yard and relax. Despite Ruby's attempts to wrangle her into play mode, Sadie actually provided a great opportunity for a bit of gentle play and quite time for Ruby.

Ruby - "Umm . . . s'cuse me? I fink dis doggy needs a better toy. She wont play.

Sadie enjoyed her short day visit with Ruby with out having to rough and tumble. Sometimes it's great just to get away from one's own yard. We love you Sadie and welcome you to come visit us anytime you need a breather!

Sadie - "Sanks, I like coming here for a Peaches break! I feel better now. Can  go home soon?"

The day before it was home time for Ruby she had yet another ‘just my type’ buddy visit from Sir Henry. They spent a wonderful day together. Being hounds means these two love the very same things. Their noses are usually in the wind or snuffling on the ground. Although this visit there didn't seem to be much time in between romps, just checking things out for the two hounds. They played hard and continuous during their entire visit.

Henry - "It's mine! Give it back!"
Ruby - "I had it first!"
After meal times requires quiet time and no playing is allowed. That was like a dreaded jail time for these two. Henry put on his best pouty face and offered tiny moaning whines until they actually fell fast asleep. Finally resting quietly until they were allowed to rough 'n tumble again.

Ruby was ready for home and super happy to see her mom and dad by the time they arrived. It was finally her time to head out the gate. She gave me a quick see you another time glance, a quick forced kiss and out the gate she went!
Henry slipped into the living room crate and fell fast sleep the minute Ruby left. I'm pretty certain, he was fully and properly pooped out!

The dogs have all been so well behaved. They keep me on my toes and I love them all!

I must say I’m ready for a break.
I’ll be taking a week off starting Monday Feb. 13th – Sunday Feb. 19th.
It’s time to visit family and chill.
March is already beginning to book up so if you have days you're needing daycare, feel free to send a text. My phone is always on my hip and I'm waiting to here from you.
778 209 7171
Enjoy the lovely weather. Spring is definitely in the air!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your blogs and seeing what the dogs think about daycare and their playmates!

Del said...

Thank you so much for commenting. It's nice to know someone is reading my posts :)
Im so glad you enjoy them. Sometimes I think, "why bother" You keep me writing :)