Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Friday, August 25, 2023

A Balancing Challenge at Royal K9 Korner

Oh the fun we had!!  It started out with one little dog who always seemed to have toys on or around her face and head. She always made me laugh and I had sent photos to her mom to share my giggles. Mom had also started placing toys on her head and little Sage soon became the dog who loved (well, certainly allowed) things being placed on her head. 

So proud of her new toy, Sage lets her mom place it on her head.
Photo courtesy of Sage's mom Nov. 2022

It made me wonder just how many other visitors would allow such a silly thing and I started trying out different toys during their visits. These days were always filled with even more laughter than a usual visit and I began to keep a record of which dog allowed which toy(s).
Before long I discovered the most accepted toys were the 7 tough tug/chew toys. I sorted them out and decided to only use them when I played the head balance game. The dogs seemed to enjoy the reward treats of veggies, fruit and goodies during the challenge times. I always had a good selection on hand and even used bits of cheese and dried liver some times. No kidding they liked the game. Or at least were more likely to want to participate.

As the summer progressed so did the stress of a BC Wildfire season. Some of our regular visitors were evacuated from their homes and some of their moms and dads are currently working on the front lines or behind the scenes fighting those fires. Instead of concentrating on the negative situation of our community and province, I tried to focus more on a lighter side of each day. This challenge was a wonderful way to pass some time and laugh from my heart.  
There is no denying the stress with in myself and everyone else in our area. I somehow have made it through thus far with a few smiles every day thanks to the unending humour the visiting dogs bring me. My idea was to pass some of the happy feelings to others by Facebook posts of silly dog antics  instead of all the dangers and tragedy of the Wildfire. There is plenty of it out there all necessary for various reasons. I personally give thanks everyday for the never ending effort that has been going into keeping us all safe from the rapidly spreading wildfires.  Paws crossed this ends soon and positively.

The silly times we had as well as the results of our challenge can be found in our Facebook album - On The Head Toy Balance Challenge.
The winners and prizes are as follows.

Sage 1st place winner 4 toys  Prize - Special Pink lace and ribbon bonnet


There was a 4 way tie between 2nd place winners! All will receive a fancy hand picked hat specially for them.

2nd place winners tied with 3 toys balanced Oskar, Bentley, Bailey and Kaia

Kaia, Oskar and Bentley are all living in wildfire evacuation situations
and will receive their prizes at a safer time.  Stay safe please!

I took some time in making a decision for what the prizes should be. When I found these cute hats I thought they were the perfect prize for on the head challengers. I ordered one Large size in the beginning and discovered it still seemed quite small. So I ordered all the rest in extra large. Any one that's ever ordered clothing items may understand that sizing for online purchases can be a bit disappointing. As a result of that, I decided to trade a hat for Bailey's chosen special hat. He has received one of the 3rd place winner hats instead. Such a lucky boy! 

Bailey shows off his special prize hat.
Me thinks it s tad too small :(

2nd place tie winner Bailey, sporting his substitute hat. A much nicer fit I think.

3rd place tied between 4 winners - Kona, Sadie, Ruby and River
Ruby, River and Sadie have all received their prize hats and even modelled them for us!
Thank you girls you are so talented! 
Sir Kona is also among those who are living through the scary wildfire evacuation! We trust you and your family will also stay safe boy. I'll hold your cookie and hat prize along with our sisters and the others. Stay safe and be a good boy!

3rd place Matron Sadie, Countess River & Miss Ruby.
Prize an "I WON" logo hat plus cookies
We also had 7 participant prize winners. Coco, Henry, Loki, Ellie, Nugget, Peaches and Miss Khione!
Congratulations all!
You have helped to pass the days through a very troubling time and I applaud your patience.

If you haven't received your cookie prize yet, I promise to keep them safe until we can met again.


Everyone has or will receive a bag of Royal K9 Korner logo cookies.
Ingredients used list -
Ginger, Molasses, Coconut Oil, Rice flour, Pumpkin puree, Chopped Pears, egg, Olive oil, Oatmeal.
Hand made with all the love and smiles you all deserve! Specially cut with a fabulous designer logo cookie cutter made by a Canadian Company. Family owned and operated 3D printer and Clothing Shop out of Petrolia, Ontario
Please visit Brian in their shop WhiteFam3DCreations
www.etsy.com/shop/WhiteFam3DCreations/
Well done Brian. Thank you!
If anyone has not heard of this company, you really should go check out their shop!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MINE!

No comments: