Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Lilly's Four Hour Visit

My plan was to follow pretty much the same routine I do for most every private four hour visit I give. Then I remembered, Lilly is still very much a puppy. Yep, that means I followed pretty much 1 year old Lilly's routine. I still went through all the items I wanted to. They were just out of order and kinda higgelty piggelty.

Lilly was a ball of fun this day. We went inside and out and upstairs and down. She dove into the toys and dragged most outdoors with her. Squeaky fluffy ones are her favourites. It's such a pleasure to allow a dog to play with stuffies with out the concern of them eating the stuffing. She simply does not tear them apart. She carries them around playfully and when she's had enough of it, she drops it and runs back for another.
Yep, that's right. Puppy!
 
Lilly ran from the top yard to the bottom with out missing a beat and only stopped when she heard/saw a movement in the maple tree. 

Lilly - "Hey! Wait a minute. What's that up there?"
Then she simply grabbed the closest toy and up to the top she ran again. Yes, I was close behind her. Did I get my exercise this day? Oh you bet!
Lilly drops off one toy and picks up the other to go again

Back and forth she ran. When I offered ball play with her she excitedly ran after the ball, picked it up and zoomed back to me. Dropped the ball, grabbed another stuffy and away she ran with it. Oh my goodness the energy! I laughed so much this day. There was just so much to see and so much to smell, her investigation lasted every minute we were outdoors.
When it came time to head indoors, Lilly was exceptional. She stopped, sat and waited patiently for me to open the door and say, "House." In she walked and headed straight to the toy bin.
I figured this might be a good time to pull out the vacuum and see how tolerant she was to it.

Lilly - "Dont mind me. Im just searchin'
for sompin fun to play wiv"
Yay!  Lilly could care less about the vacuum! Okay I may as well get a little bit done.

Since my vacuuming was now done I decided to head back downstairs to finish the laundry. Another great opportunity to practise stair safety.  It only took one time for Lilly to learn to slowly walk behind me.  I had her sit at the top step and wait for me to start down. Then I simply said, "This way" and pointed to the step I was on. She was sitting so perfectly still I just had to take a photo.
Well done little girl. I'm sure your mommy and daddy are very proud of  you. 

Lilly - "Is it safe for me to come down now?"

Once downstairs she headed into the bedroom and checked out Lady May's now empty crate.
The bedding has now all been laundered. Lilly gave a few little sniffs and did a turn around and flopped down to rest.


She stayed long enough for me to put a load of laundry on and then decided it was time to ask for outdoors. Of course little girl, you are being very patient.
Lilly - "I protecting  your shoes for you"

When we came back in, it was time for me to putter in the kitchen and a great time to see if Lilly minded being behind a gate. I'm guessing she was tired enough that it didn't bother her at all. She simply layed down and rested.  Lilly is a very contented little girl.

Lilly's mom has told me she can be a bit of a pest to other dogs who may not want to play. Of course. She's a puppy and still learning social behaviour. She undoubtedly believes everyone feels the same way she does. Playtime 24/7   I wanted her to experience being in an x-pen in the living room without feeling like she was put on time out. I'm pretty certain there will be a time for her to be separated from others to give them a break. So we played in it for awhile together. Then when she got into a cozy position I left the crate and she promptly fell asleep. Great timing. I needed a rest as well.

Sleep well little Little Lilly.
She slept for about 45 minutes.
Just before home time, Lilly sat with me in the craft room and watched me as I did my sewing. Not a peep out of her. No toys, just chillin' on the futon.
Are you sure I've searched the entire house for stuff?

Lilly did a wonderful job of searching for things to entertain her. You sure were a good little girl Lilly.
I can't wait for you to come and meet the others in our extended pack
You are truly Welcome any time 💖


No comments: