Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Sunday, November 5, 2023

First Week of November Has Arrived

Looking over the last few weeks, there has been quite a few visitors I never posted about. My days were fun filled but I kept a watchful eye on our Lady May (RIP baby girl)
The sunshine was holding on, but the cold was creeping in more each day. Suzy Q and Miss Ruby were planning to join us on Lady May's last truck ride. That changed when the weather turned snowy and they didn't need daycare that day. We are so grateful to their visits on Lady May's last day.
Ruby and Suzy say farewell to Lady May
Kaia and Kona were also here that day so Ruby had an opportunity to meet them. Ruby was ready to play and have fun but Kona was more into just chillin' and Kaia is never really much of a social butterfly.  Their family has had a horrendous summer with all the fires in their neighbourhood. We're so happy they're safe and able to return for a visit.
I could see a definite difference in the overall mannerisms of both siblings.  They were content to play by themselves. Other visitors and few toys were of interest to them. They just seemed to want to relax.  By the time it was home-time their true personalities were beginning to shine through again.  Kona even decided to play with Bailey once again.  Unfortunately their visit was shortened by a few hours due to Lady Mays vet appointment. Thank you mom and dad for your thoughtful consideration. 💜
Ruby meets Kona and asks, "Why wont he play?"
Another time dear girl.

Even though the last of the branches were still on the ground, Kona and Kaia did manage to do a bit of zooming around together.
You can view  Kona and his sister Kaia playing  on YouTube HERE.
Before they returned again,  I was able to get all the branches raked and cleaned up. The sticks and twigs are gone, the grounds are finally looking like a yard instead of a construction zone now.
Next will be all the mud! Oh man!

Thank you mom and dad for picking us up early.
Some other faces that watched October roll away and November creep in, were Bailey and another best buddy, Sir Henry.  There is boundless energy when these two visit. The best I can do is to steer clear and have a pocket full of kibble ready to call 'break time' now and again.

Tug with Bailey and Henry

Ruby has been coming a few days a week while her mom and dad were working. Meeting new friends has been fun for her. Some may take a bit longer to feel completely comfortable with. In time I know they'll all be best buddies.
Bailey and Miss Ruby take advantage of the new fenced yard. Yes, I was still raking
Sage had briefly met Ruby over the summer. At that time, neither one was ready to actually be in the same area yet. They stayed with a fence between them.  This time both seemed more ready to say hello. Although, I kept my eyes peeled and stayed in the same room or play area at all times with them.  They're not quite ready to be best friends yet.
Ruby and Sage actually got along not too bad.
Sage - "You stay over there though ok?"
Ruby, "Just don't keep sniffing me, ok?"

A favourite toy was actually shared by Sage and Ruby. Wow, progress!

Sir Cash's wonderful 4 day visit coincided with other visitors. It was so good to see him again. With Lady May's passing, Cash is now our senior monarch at approximately 12 years of age. 

Spending quality nap time is one of Cash's favourite pass times now.

When others spend time playing outdoors, Cash wanders and watches. Once in awhile he attempts to catch a ball or jog around the yard. He mostly just comes out for a bit of fresh air and to monitor the play. The others respect his seniority and play a safe distance from him.

Sir Cash keeps a watchful eye on the girls

Sir Cash reviews yard rules to the youngsters
Kona - "I hope you're listening to all the rules Sage?"
Kaia - "Rules, schmooles."

 The Seniors rule is always enforced. If not by me, then by the senior affected.

Sage playing respectfully quiet while senior Cash sleeps nearby.
I know I need to renew my authority around house and yard rules. I seem to have bent a few that are not on the safety list. With Lady May passing I feel it's time to reestablish that pack leader role and practise exercising more leadership again.

Kona - "I thought, 'No dogs on furniture', was a rule?"
Kaia- "It is! For YOU!"
 
So much of my time was spent tending to Lady May's needs, I let some rules go, due to lack of time and energy to enforce them. Look out visitors, I'm back watching you again.
Enforce day care rules - No dogs on furniture. Right Kona?
Okay, yes, of course there are exceptions. Like "The Waiting Chair"  I'll make it clear to all our new comers as well. I promise.

Kona and Kaia Wait for mom and dad
Ruby, waiting for visitors
My waiting list is now closed and the November calendar is full. We have 4 Meet 'n Greets scheduled. I can't wait to meet the newcomers and look forward to introductions and fun winter days ahead.
I'm also revisiting my writing goal, as usual,  to try to keep the postings updated more often. I have to admit my frustrations on all the technology updates. My browser and program's settings seem to have a mind of their own these days. Things that used to take an hour or so to write now seems to take me a couple of days. Reboot, refresh, renew, agh!
Ever onward, ~ struggles make one stronger right?

No comments: