Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Thursday, January 4, 2024

A New Year ~ January 2024

We had Henry over the holidays and saw day visitors Sage, Bailey and Ruby. Kaia and Kona also joined us for the first 3 days of the New Year.  Our yard is wet and soggy, and on some days muddy and messy. The dogs didn't seem to care and there is still enough frost in the ground to eliminate most of the mud. Their paws were wet but easily cleaned. That was a blessing.
I received so many wonderful thoughtful gifts this year. I feel truly blessed to have so many friends.
I appreciate all that I received. The gifts of all sorts, the chocolates, homemade cookies, a Welcome sign, a mug, a gift certificate, a memorial ornament, and liqueur. I felt the outpouring of gratitude from all my daycare moms and dads this year.
Thank you to everyone for all your thoughtfulness. You made my heart feel so warm and appreciated.
Little Sage and her mom stopped by for a lovely visit with some delicious homemade cookies! Yum!
Thank you!
Sage - "You mean Santa Paws left this present for me at your house? Wow Fanks Santa Paws!
Do I haf''ta share?"
Mom- 'It would be nice if you did"

The New Year came in very calm. We had nine people in our home overnight, yet the house seemed different.
My step Granddaughter is the Lil'wat Nation Jr. Princess and joined us while her and her friend danced at the New Years Pow Wow at the Rec. centre this year. We are so proud of her. Only 12 years old and pouring her heart into something she feels so passionate about. Congratulations on the presentation of your Eagle Feathers this year sweetie!  We love you very much!

Brooke received her feathers after dancing the healing dance.
A gentleman presented them to her because he was so touched
by her dancing and sending healing spirits to his ailing son.

4 on the living-room floor, 2 in one bedroom, 2 in another and
1 in the last bedroom. Yes a houseful.
Henry - "Umm, 's'cuse me but I fink u dropped a crumb here"

The people went home and the dogs came back. There was never a time during the holidays that I was physically alone. It was a full few days, I enjoyed every minute of it.
Yet there was something not quite right.

From people to dogs in one easy step.
Separation fence up to promote relaxation after lunch.

 Henry and Bailey had an opportunity to see each other before the New Year. These two have really become so  close. They hold toys and run together like they're in a three legged race. Such a happy couple of buddies.

Bailey - "Let's zoom the yard Henry. We wont see each other until next year now!"
Henry - "Okay I'll lead!"
Ruby, Kaia and Kona are still not the best of friends, so keeping them separated was necessary when they visited together. I love my x-pens and they get used often.
Ruby - "Can you hear me?"
Kaia- "Yes, I hear you clearly. Do you hear me?"
Kona- "Hey? Henry? Wanna play?"
Henry - "Keep it down please. I'm trying to rest here."
As long as there is a fence between them, the girls were fine. I feel so fortunate to have a yard that allows me to keep everyone safe and happy.

Keep your distance and we'll be just fine.
Everyone had a playmate and the first week of 2024 were a few fun-filled days. I spent the days going in and out of gates supervising each playing pair. There were no incidents and the days went by quickly. Still something in my heart felt alone.
Ruby and Henry get ready to GO!

Henry takes the lead with Kona in chase

I've been putting off writing this post because I've felt uneasy yet I knew I needed to write about the holiday happenings. What my heart really wanted was to release and write about our beloved Lady May.
We are struggling to heal from her passing. I need to find some time, take that time and write so my heart heals easier. That is one of my New Years resolutions.
I will be taking some time this year, each month to do more self reflection and allow myself to process more.  Grief is a hard issue to resolve and our grief  has recently been set aside.
I truly felt a need to let the holidays be happy days and make time afterwards to allow myself some private reflection.
There is peace in my heart and I want to allow it to shine through again. Restful quiet days happen very seldom and I'm choosing to create more of them this year.
I hope everyone has an opportunity to do the same.
I wish you all Good Will, Peace and Happiness in the coming year.
Thank you for all your much needed support this year.

Ruby reflects
Sir Henry and Lucas relax

Kaia and Kona rest

Happy New Year.
2024 is upon us.

Rest In Peace Lady May

No comments: