Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January 2024 - Done!

 We brought 2024 in like a whirl wind! Sir Henry, Lady Kaia & Kona and Miss Ruby started it off with energy to spare.  Our visitors energy seemed to last all month.

We had Karma and Chip & Maggie, Sage and Khione, Lilly, Squire Bailey, Suzy Q and Countess River. Energy on full and happiness galore. We had a few introductions and getting to know each other as well as a few divider days.

Miss Ruby showed her very best superb behaviour with new corgi buddy Karma.

After meal rest times went well. Everyone seems to be getting along and following rules. I was able to put my feet up several days. I think the new comers are fitting in well.

Our newest boy, Bear (who remains private) joined us for a couple of days and a meeting with Bailey. They hit it off like gangbusters! I wish I could show you their playtime. It was truly awesome! Two black beauties in full play mode. Bailey has yet another rough and tumble playmate. 

River - "Say Uncle!"
Countess River surprised me with her energy for the puppy Lilly. She held her own and eventually tuckered out the puppy. WTG Countess!
The lovely Khione has recovered from the summer heat and is into her full winter energy. Its so good to see her play again. Now the others can also enjoy her company.
Three amigos enjoying some sun on a dry day.

We had just enough snow to make it fun and it lasted just long enough. Poop patrol in the snow is a task and a half. So far the grounds are staying just below freezing and I've managed to keep the mud at bay. For now! I've placed old chunks of carpet over the frequently travelled areas. They seem to work. I know what an incredible ugly yard but hey, mud's much worse.  I hear the rain is on the way so I'll be revisiting that idea soon I'm sure.
I can't believe how fast Jan flew by. February has a full docket and March only has a few available days.  I am already considering taking some time off in April. I feel like I may need a doggy break!

Karma and River say good night to Jan. 2024

Yes, it's good night to January now. Tomorrow will see February.  I've pulled out my Valentine props and my sweeties are making me smile.

It's Lady's choice this year. The boys are already looking fine!

Watch for more in the next couple of weeks.
Stay safe and warm everyone.

No comments: