Royal K9 Korner Facebook

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

New Visitors Dax and Andrea aka The Littles


 We had a really fun time yesterday. Two lively wonderful little ones came for a trial visit without their mom. 2 year old Daxtin is a miniature Dash hound and his sibling is 7 yr old Yorkie poodle Andre. What a delightful pair they were to have ( says I )
Welcome 2 yr old Daxtin and 7 yr old Andre
We walked, (read, ran) around the yard and played outside for a little while in hopes of releasing a bit of energy before we came indoors to greet the others. Ummm well maybe not lol They are so full of energy it actually took them 4 hours to say," Ok we're feeling a little calmer now!"
They hit the toybox immediately and asked me to tip it over so they could get more out.  Well I've never seen it emptied so fast lol (except for Yeti of course)
Wow Dax! look at them all!
Lady May was not impressed with how they handled ALL her toys. Even though she should know by now, those toys belong to MOMMY!  We share everything, like it or not.  So we did a bit of separation while the little ones played right before her very eyes.


Hey lady? Can I play with this ball?
Dax made certain he checked out every room in the house. Good boy Dax! Under chairs, over tables and in every corner of the house. He even discovered the secret box I keep in my sewing room, full of toys needing repairs.  He never touched anything that was not dog related. What a good boy!  Yes I said over tables. That little squirt knows how to climb up the chair and onto the kitchen table. I followed him into the kitchen and there he sat on the table, wiggling and giggling and saying,"Look at me lady! Im on your table!" I laughed so hard. I learned that the kitchen chairs must be pushed in when Dax visits.
Once he'd discovered everything he headed back into the living room where the main relaxing area is and the toy box.  He and his brother Andre tested each and every toy there was.  We played who's the boss of the toys and tried some recall skills. These little guys have great abilities!


We strolled around outside again where they could check out some more interesting stuff. I'm certain it wont be long before they'll be off their safety leads.



We did alot of inside, outside, back n forth. Each time these two became a little more confident. Soon it was time to allow some deeper investigation into areas they may need to use as safety. I uncovered the crate and let them have a look.  Sweet little Dax wasted no time checking it out and Andre followed soon after. I threw a few toys inside and that was all it took for them to go in to play.
After a short time I encouraged them to use it for relaxing time. It didn't take long for them to allow me to close the door.  Im certain they would have stayed for as long as I wanted. Mommy tells me they sleep in individual crates at home, so there's no wonder they felt confident in this nice big one.  However they had already shown me they had no fear so the door was left open and they resumed playing in and outside the crate. Good boys !
Wow! This one is BIG!

Holy! It's bigger than me!

Is it bed time already??

...But we can come out soon right, lady?
Yes, that's Lady May you see being separated from the little.  She finally decided she wouldn't mind them sharing her toys BUT not if they were going to throw them at her and roll the ball into her. My oh my, Lady May, you're getting to be an old woman!!
Can that other dog come and play soon lady?
Im sure it will only take a few more visits and they will all be playing together. I cant wait to video that day. Stay tuned.
Thanks for visiting.

No comments: